Profit £ 50mill

Let me fix this for you.

Sanchez worth £70mill
+cash £30mill
Profit £ 20mill

vs
Sanchez from Liverpool £50m
Today worth £80m

i.e. we're WORSE off financially if we took Sanchez plus £30m in exchange for Sterling.

£75 million is absolutely insane for a player in the last year of his contract, but given that the OX is in a similar situation and is valued at £35 million it seems fairly reasonable. I'd throw the money at them now to get it done but we'd definitely have to win the league this season to justify it. we'd also set a precedent going forward if there wasn't one already with regards to players in the last year of their contracts no longer on the cheap.

I think we're in for a change in this country soon, with the amount of players wanting out this summer and the clubs refusing to sell. I can see us adopting a mandatory minimum release fee with every contract like the Spanish do.
Ox is only 24 though, so all taken into account I reckon the right price is approx £60mil, which is what I reckon it'll get done for, with the odd shitty add on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.