Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really glad to hear confirmation that Sterling is not part of any deal. People always forget that he's only 22 years old. There's still a good 6 or 7 years until he peaks and he's already a fantastic player. I'm extremely confident that this will get done now, probably for something in the region of £60m plus add-ons. I'm more interested in who else we will be bringing in. I still think that there is a surprise left in this window.

I actually didn't know we had confirmed Sterling wouldn't be leaving. I was just relaying information I'd been given.

Sorry for rileing folk.
Don't worry about it. Typical bluemoon, the fabric of time would rip if your post wasn't met with a wise crack resonse.

Knobhead Tony Gale suggesting Sanchez worth £130m. Completely forgets the player is into the final year of his contract and immediately after City's catagoric statement re Sterling he starts if off again. How doe this prick get employed as a pundit? He s a model KFA stealing a living.
To be fair he was saying that if Arsenal had a longer contract with Sanchez he'd be worth easily what Coutinho is costing now. So they'll lose out on 80m or so because City will rightly only pay 50mish.

Really glad to hear confirmation that Sterling is not part of any deal. People always forget that he's only 22 years old. There's still a good 6 or 7 years until he peaks and he's already a fantastic player. I'm extremely confident that this will get done now, probably for something in the region of £60m plus add-ons. I'm more interested in who else we will be bringing in. I still think that there is a surprise left in this window.
My money is on VVD to piss the Dippers off big time

If they'd sold him at the beginning of the window (pre Neymar) they would have been lucky to get much more than £25m, £30m at a push. Plus a huge amount of grief from Arsenal fans for capitulating to him and City (or PSG). They ought to double that sum now. The question is whether they will be able to replace him in the next couple of days, and how much they would have to pay for the replacement compared to how much they would have paid in June.

But if the replacement is Lacazette, if they never intended to bring in another player, then they will have made money by holding out until now.
I'm not necessarily talking about replacing Sanchez as I suspect you're right and that Lacazette is that. But they could and should have strengthened other areas, especially their defence. As it is they have done a Levy, they will possibly get a few extra quid but they are going to lose three first team players in the next 48 hours and they don't have time to use the money to strengthen sensibly imo. Personally I don't think they would ever have only got 25-30 for Sanchez if they had been prepared to sell to us and as you say, if they buy now they will be paying more post Neymar anyway. They won't avoid grief from the fans, the grief will be worse in the long term because I think they are going to have a genuinely terrible season, partly because they have dealt with their transfers business so badly.

What's the wording on the Sterling u-turn by Talkshite and Sly Sports News.

Imagine starting a Sporys Talk Radio Station, only for it to end up being called Talk Shite. :-)

has Peter Swales taken over at Arsenal cos they are proper f*#ked up at the moment, they are so poorly run at the moment that its hard to remember the same club 15 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.