Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but it's the inevitable consequence of having a player with 1 year to go on his contract, not prepared to sign a new one.

The only thing that genuinely surprises me is that there doesn't seem to have been competition from other clubs. You would have thought Mourinho would be in for him, would you not? Especially at £60m or £65m.

He's not tall and athletic
enough for Mourinho. Seriously though there was a rumour that they had contacted his agent and he told them that he's only interested in City, make of that what you will.

Just popped on to Arsenal Mania for a laugh, and noticed they closed the Sanchez thread at 9:15 this morning. Presumably they were not optimistic of a positive outcome (for them) even by 9 this morning.

Alexis Sanchez is fucking brilliant
Got him from Arsenal for 55 million
Wenger said he wouldn't sell him
Same old fucking Arsenal :-)

The ironic thing is although I want City to get what they want, I am not overly convinced it's the right move. If Arsenal get Lemar, Lacazette and Kolasinac in then that for me is some compensation for losing the Ox and Sanchez. What can you do if the players have run their contracts down and want to go. It's probably the consequence of previous seasons results.

I can see that Arsenal fans are really attached to Sanchez and I can see why. But perhaps it is the right time for the club. I know most Arsenal fans will not agree but possibly he has given you his best days, and he wants to go so this is accepting the inevitable. I think the mistakes were made in previous seasons. Perhaps Arsenal could have done their business a lot earlier. If Monaco refuse to sell you will be stuck with an unhappy player.

Like i mentioned a couple of days ago, it's probably best if he leaves now, as well as the Ox, (ideally i'd like Ozil to leave as well but that's another debate). I've got no confidence in Arsenal securing a replacement at this late stage, but i dont think that will be of any consequence to the Sanchez deal.

We've had a shocking last month transfer window wise after starting quite well. We were too slow & greedy when getting rid of the deadwood, & it's costing us now. (WBA bid £10M for Gibbs & we knocked it back, & we eventually sell for £7M, likewise Lucas at Deportivo). Now i just want the window to shut, lets regroup & cling on to the hope that the nuke at Anfield somehow strengthens our resolve a bit.

The kind of energising player we've lacked since Tevez left. If we do sign him, the pressing from Sanchez and Jesus from the front, coupled with that of the midfield and fullbacks, will mean teams will be exhausted after 60 minutes, and there'll be no let up when we turn to our bench.
Jesus aside, I think he would be a great on field catalyst to give Sergio more energy and willingness to press the back line. Alexis is also more direct and he can provide a load more chances for Sergio on top of what David and Kevin do already.

I agree, but it's the inevitable consequence of having a player with 1 year to go on his contract, not prepared to sign a new one.

The only thing that genuinely surprises me is that there doesn't seem to have been competition from other clubs. You would have thought Mourinho would be in for him, would you not? Especially at £60m or £65m.
I sounds like he'd set his heart on linking up with Guardiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.