Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've gained nothing, in fact they've lost massively. Was very obvious from early in summer that the best thing for everyone including Arsenal would be to get the deal done early. All they've done is lose a load of cash that they could have used for a long term replacement and they're left with a player who is contributing very little because his heart isn't in it. All very predictable but wouldn't surprise me if they play it the same way in January because they are idiots.

Reminds me a bit of the Kaka saga. Milan playing Billy big bollocks turning down £100m from us only to lose him for approx £40m less a few months later. Really good business.

Reminds me a bit of the Kaka saga. Milan playing Billy big bollocks turning down £100m from us only to lose him for approx £40m less a few months later. Really good business.

Was the Kaka call ever legit?

Seems Sanchez has multiple sources confirming a singular narrative, adding weight to his arrival

Was the Kaka call ever legit?

Seems Sanchez has multiple sources confirming a singular narrative, adding weight to his arrival

The money was certainly on the table, who can forget Cook stating that they bottled it. It was all well and good them taking a stand and turning down the money if they were gonna hold on to him. Pointless to then sell him months later for a much smaller fee.

Same with Sanchez, they turned down our bid but will either now sell him for a fraction in Jan or lose him for nothing in the Summer. You could argue this was a good move if he had been ripping up trees on the field but I dont think they would be any worse off had they taken our money.

The money was certainly on the table, who can forget Cook stating that they bottled it. It was all well and good them taking a stand and turning down the money if they were gonna hold on to him. Pointless to then sell him months later for a much smaller fee.

Same with Sanchez, they turned down our bid but will either now sell him for a fraction in Jan or lose him for nothing in the Summer. You could argue this was a good move if he had been ripping up trees on the field but I dont think they would be any worse off had they taken our money.

There was a Kaka interview recently where Kaka basically admitted that he nearly joined City but then decided not to because it was "too risky". So when Cook said Kaka "bottled", that was actually true I suppose.

Sanchez would be massively motivated if he comes in January. He wouldn't have one eye on the World Cup and would be fresh and ready to win trophies. It would allow Aguero and Jesus more rest time

Sanchez would be massively motivated if he comes in January. He wouldn't have one eye on the World Cup and would be fresh and ready to win trophies. It would allow Aguero and Jesus more rest time

Pep already resting one of them each game.

Pep already resting one of them each game.
Before Kun’s rib problem he was playing both of them he rested Jésus yesterday as he’d had to play every game recently due to Kun not being fit. If one of them got injured the resting option isn’t there, even worse if both were injured or a long term injury

So Sanchez would just be on the bench then ? And only play when the other two need resting ?

I don't think we need him tbh. He would start most games. But who do you drop? Posters say we will rotate them, but like this season and last our best players play pretty much play every game. We'd have to drop sterling or sane, who are both in brilliant form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.