Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What possible justification is there for making such a claim, other than complete speculation?

I imagine its that a big name could turn up at a team playing well, with great squad harmony, and disrupt it. Of course its speculation but so is any opinion of something in the future. It is a bit more than a spurious link though and im suprised its not been mooted by any ex players or commentators.

We cannot expect the team to keep up this high pressing football once we get in 4 comps in the new year,we need more bodies and an experienced one like sanchez is a great option,injuries will pile up so the more the merrier,for what it's worth i can't see the arses letting him leave in january so i expect it's not an option anyway

m2haxukd6nvz.png

I imagine its that a big name could turn up at a team playing well, with great squad harmony, and disrupt it. Of course its speculation but so is any opinion of something in the future. It is a bit more than a spurious link though and im suprised its not been mooted by any ex players or commentators.
It is absolutely a spurious link. There's as much chance he could be a Spenser Prior or a Terry Cooke.

Rodney Marsh was signed 45 years ago, in March, and joined a squad that was entirely from the British Isles, virtually all of whom were English. They'd feature about ten times a season on tv and didn't play in Europe at all that season. The pitches were shit and the players were well off, but not wealthy. There were no nutritionists, sports psychologists or interpreters around the squad. I could go on. In short, it was a different world, with completely different considerations and features at play. You may as well use car braking distances in 1972 to advance an argument about road safety today. That's about as analogous as using Marsh in an argument about Sanchez.

People who talk about the Rodney Marsh signing when evaluating what impact Sanchez will have are being superstitious and are simply speculating. What happened in March 1972 will have absolutely no bearing on what would happen in January 2018. To suggest otherwise, is to descend into the realms of the absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.