Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is absolutely a spurious link. There's as much chance he could be a Spenser Prior or a Terry Cooke.

Rodney Marsh was signed 45 years ago, in March, and joined a squad that was entirely from the British Isles, virtually all of whom were English. They'd feature about ten times a season on tv and didn't play in Europe at all that season. The pitches were shit and the players were well off, but not wealthy. There were no nutritionists, sports psychologists or interpreters around the squad. I could go on. In short, it was a different world, with completely different considerations and features at play. You may as well use car braking distances in 1972 to advance an argument about road safety today. That's about as analogous as using Marsh in an argument about Sanchez.

People who talk about the Rodney Marsh signing when evaluating what impact Sanchez will have are being superstitious and are simply speculating. What happened in March 1972 will have absolutely no bearing on what would happen in January 2018. To suggest otherwise, is to descend into the realms of the absurd.

Wow. I only slightly agreed with one persons comment, and we are accused of being absurd for having an opinion on something that may or may not happen in the future. Sorry i upset you.

Wow. I only slightly agreed with one persons comment, and we are accused of being absurd for having an opinion on something that may or may not happen in the future. Sorry i upset you.
You didn’t upset him. But his well reasoned repost seems to have upset you. He also gives reasoning as to why your opinion based on nothing is absurd.

I came across something very interesting earlier today, and that is PL clubs can't sign a player from another PL till he's literally out of contract by June 30. So in other words no pre contract agreement is allowed.

So the club can get a transfer ban or some other penalty of some sort!

The question is didn't we sign Sagna on a pre contract? Did we have a formal agreement with him and then announce it after June 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.