Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have said Sanchez was quicker.
Fair enough. I can not say my opinion is better, only different. Bernardo Silva seems to able to beat opponents with comfort. Sanchez could certainly do that when he was a young player, but I don't see him doing it much now. I have seen him run sideways across the width of the pitch quite a lot. Indeed that his how he scored his goal at Goodison

Silva I think. He glides over the pitch with the ball tied to his feet. Silva can beat players because he throws them off balance with his ball control, and has the pace to run away and put himself between him and the opponent. Sanchez was more explosive. I don't think we have seen the best of Bernardo Silva because he's on the periphery of or team. Again I can't quantify it for you. It's just my impression based on what I have seen.

Sorry mate, but meanwhile it's just my impression you are a wum. But I can't quantify for you.
We are moving towards a really low level.
I hope you mods have an eye on that.

I also hope Pep and his coaching and scouting team have more tools in place to generate precise information about a player pre signing...

Going back down, who is better, Marvin: Colin Bell, Joe Hart or Sanchez?

Sorry mate, but meanwhile it's just my impression you are a wum. But I can't quantify for you.
We are moving towards a really low level.
I hope you mods have an eye on that.

I also hope Pep and his coaching and scouting team have more tools in place to generate precise information about a player pre signing...

Going back down, who is better, Marvin: Colin Bell, Joe Hart or Sanchez?
If it's easy to quantify one player's speed in regards to another, perhaps you'd like to do so for Silva and Sanchez? I've seen speed data on the Internet before for players many times, but I think they are very unreliable. There reports on the 10 fastest players recorded in the Premier League etc but I don't think they are much of a guide as some of the players in these lists clearly aren't the quickest.

I was responding to a direct question with my opinion. If Dribble is annoyed, I'm sure he'll let me know. If anyone is trying to ridicule or intimidate other people from commenting, it certainly is not me

Last edited:
Really don’t understand the debate here, Sanchez is a World-Class warrior, with no World Cup to worry about next summer. He’s been p*ssed about by his current club, whose performances haven’t matched his own. He knows Pep (and vice versa) and is rejecting offers from many leading clubs because he wants to come to City.
We get him at a massive discount to his ‘normal’ market value of around 75m, and this means we can still go and sign the LB and CB we need.
There should be a picture of Alexis in the dictionary next to No-Brainer

Really don’t understand the debate here, Sanchez is a World-Class warrior, with no World Cup to worry about next summer. He’s been p*ssed about by his current club, whose performances haven’t matched his own. He knows Pep (and vice versa) and is rejecting offers from many leading clubs because he wants to come to City.
We get him at a massive discount to his ‘normal’ market value of around 75m, and this means we can still go and sign the LB and CB we need.
There should be a picture of Alexis in the dictionary next to No-Brainer
Marvin is not for turning on this one,mind you he wasn't about messi either;)

Fair enough. I can not say my opinion is better, only different. Bernardo Silva seems to able to beat opponents with comfort. Sanchez could certainly do that when he was a young player, but I don't see him doing it much now. I have seen him run sideways across the width of the pitch quite a lot. Indeed that his how he scored his goal at Goodison
Marv, I just can't judge Sanchez this season playing for a dysfunctional manager in a dysfunctional team. I just get the impression he is more direct and speedier than Bernardo. I will say this though, if Pep can make Delph look like a class left back (no offence delphinio), I drool when I think what he will do with Alexis, surrounded by these players, in this team.

Exactly, how do you quantify 'downing tools' unless it's to support your narrative.

Why couldn't he be just plain old 'out of form'?

He could be but it would be a hell of a coincidence wouldn't you say, then to go back to your original point of "there are no negatives in signing him" why would we upset the applecart for a player so badly out of form?

Marvin is not for turning on this one,mind you he wasn't about messi either;)
I was wrong about Messi, and admitted it once the goals started to flow. I'll be more than happy to do likewise for Sanchez if the goals start to flow for him at City with Guardiola.

Some people think his poor form is down to his falling out, but for me he's still working very hard but he's running into dead-ends and blind alleys all the time which is why I put it down to something more fundamental. As you say, I could be wrong. Big deal, it's only football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.