Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexis Sanchez is regarded as Manchester City's toughest deal of the summer, but things are progressing positively. [@Sammy_Goal]

Alexis wants to join City and there has been a growth in confidence at City lately that they will eventually get him. [@Sammy_Goal]

A bit of a long shot but Arsenal could still persuade Sanchez to sign a new contract and let him stick around for a season and then sell 12 months later. That isn't a guarantee he would give his best and would still help their cause. From our perspective we just have to play the waiting game and not let it mess up the rest of our transfer targets.

Shouldn't need to be said, but the Kicker (magazine) report that Bayern are willing to give Sanchez €25m annually is complete bullshit.

Ultimately, that does them little good too.

If they are going to sell him, and the chances they hold onto him if he doesn't extend are zero, then they are better off doing it earlier and investing the money into signings of their own. Leaving it to the last week is a waste of potentially £50m that could be funneled to signings to placate the fanbase.

Never bothered them in the past van Persia was late in the window to the scum

Never bothered them in the past van Persia was late in the window to the scum

Actually, Van Persie didn't agree personal terms with the rags until the 14th August, which was after an agreement had been made between the clubs.

Van Persie announced he wanted to leave in mid-July, but there was a number of potential suitors at the time and he hadn't a preference either way.

In this instance, Sanchez has long announced his intention to leave and is clear where he wants to go - City. This is, as it happens, how City do business, ie, get the player on board first to speed up the process. Further, I'd argue there's not the competition existent to snatch away Sanchez. Yes, Bayern are there, but if the player doesn't want to go to Germany he won't go and that's before the financial difficulties involved.

So ultimately either Wenger has to sell to us or persuade Sanchez to join a club which is not his preferred option. The final option is to go for free next year and I think I am right in saying, but willing to be corrected, that he could sign a contract with us in January under Webster ruling.

Actually, Van Persie didn't agree personal terms with the rags until the 14th August, which was after an agreement had been made between the clubs.

Van Persie announced he wanted to leave in mid-July, but there was a number of potential suitors at the time and he hadn't a preference either way.

In this instance, Sanchez has long announced his intention to leave and is clear where he wants to go - City. This is, as it happens, how City do business, ie, get the player on board first to speed up the process. Further, I'd argue there's not the competition existent to snatch away Sanchez. Yes, Bayern are there, but if the player doesn't want to go to Germany he won't go and that's before the financial difficulties involved.

Yep I know all that. Arsenal can buy they have 200m in the bank for Wenger problem is he doesn't like spending it. We will see if sanchez leaves early or late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.