Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger was saying he was staying this week.

Pep says he's an Arsenal player.

I can't comment on his Chile teammates.
No, Wenger said he wants him to stay. Big difference, I want a night with Scarlett Johansson but I know it isn't happening.

No, Wenger said he wants him to stay. Big difference, I want a night with Scarlett Johansson but I know it isn't happening.
So please explain to me why is he not a City player today if it was all agreed and Arsenal have had 4 months to find a replacement?

So please explain to me why is he not a City player today if it was all agreed and Arsenal have had 4 months to find a replacement?
No idea, but I can guarantee it's not because Sanchez is going to sign a new deal, in fact, I'll quite happily put money on it with you.

Can't you think of possible reasons yourself with a bit of applied common sense and knowledge of the sport?

The cost of finding a suitable young replacement in Jan willing to go to a club that may not be able to guarantee CL football perhaps? Which has a knock on effect of tempting them to ask for as much as they can for a player who wants to leave with only 6 months left on his contract?

Nobody really knows that for sure if it were then why haven't Arsenal got a replacement lined up in all this time and why is Sanchez not now a City player?

Something isn't adding up.

Not really.

Arsenal didn't want to lose him in the summer as they thought they had a genuine chance of competing for the PL, especially with no CL football as a distraction. An attack of Sanchez, Lacazette and Ozil is amongst the best in the PL and at a minimum it's more than good enough to reach the top 4. There was also the outside chance that he would sign a new deal if Arsenal could muster a title challenge.

However, at the end of the window Arsenal panicked and tried to replace him and take the money but it was too late. Their plans of challenging for the title have gone up shit creek and now they are in a battle to make the top 4.

The realisation has hit home for them and £25 million is nothing in today's market. Keeping Sanchez gives them a better chance of making the top 4 and that would offset any money they could potentially receive in a fee in they sold him now. However, Arsenal will do what they always do, they will get a replacement and then take the money. That is what the hold up is because if they don't get a replacement, then Sanchez will stay there.

Then again, the Arsenal board have heavily backed Wenger this season. They might not have spent what us and United have, but by not cashing in on Ozil and Sanchez, they have effectively gambled £100 million. If Wenger doesn't get a top 4 finish and they both leave on a free then his position will surely be untenable. Yet selling Sanchez and recouping some money will alleviate that risk and is why the deal will get done in January.

Surely, dealing with Arsenal now is their money men not Wenger.

Sanchez wants City.
Arsenal want money, in January.
City choose to bring Sánchez in January.

All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.