Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd have struggled since City became competitive. That one season where they had RVP & Mancini had a breakdown, masks a long period of decline.

If Bob had kept his shit together, we would have won it that season as well & the picture would be clear, that this started under Ferguson, not Moyes.

In spite of changing managers, & short term fluctuations, we have had a long term target of what we want to be, & how we want to do it.

This Sanchez situation is a perfect example of that, in action. We plan for a player, put it all in motion, & they jump in at the last minute, to try & fuck it up, when we are already 15 points clear at the top of the table & don't even need him.

What they should be worried about, is beating us to whatever we are planning for 2020, not reacting to what we've already done, in 2017.

Manure's days of wine and roses are over , blips of cups along the way but the playing field has levelled and all the frailties appear for all to see now and yes it did start well before Fergie finished up with them with panic buys for the short term and RVP was a classic example of that.

It's hard to gauge whether City are bluffing at this stage.

Soriano has been driving this and was clearly offended by how Arsenal conducted themselves back on transfer deadline day, perhaps even making him look stupid in front of Pep and the hierarchy?

He was crystal clear in December that we would be waiting until next summer to get Sanchez on a free transfer, content in the knowledge he wants to play for Pep.

That position clearly changed, whether that be down to Jesus' injury, or just the club feeling we now stand on the precipice of a potentially historic campaign

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories in the main, as I am privy to United's genuine interest, but what had changed for Sanchez between knowing we were prepared to wait until the summer (last week in December) and just three weeks later, his supposed insistence that he must get away from Arsenal this window, even to the detriment of a £25m pay day as a free transfer, can it really be that insufferable for him at the Emirates?

Just a theory, but there is a chance our position is orchestrated between City and Sanchez, to exact ultimate payback over Arsenal, with the added bonus of embarrassing United as the stalking horse?

The media have been briefed twice now from upstairs, both were messages that have contradicted each other, in terms of any type of deal in January.

It will be interesting to see how angered Pep would be with both the player and City if our bluff is called on the final day.

The smooze is clearly on from Mourinho, the money isn't an issue, so it still comes down to whether Sanchez doesn't hold up his end.

To be honest Tolm I’m beyond caring..we are an unstoppable force in the Prem currently..if he comes great..if he doesn’t fair enough..just want this month to be over as it’s boring me to tears

Not Wenger's decision.
He has had his last chance,
- to get Sanchez to sign a new contract. Which was a stupid assessment from the start.
- to get the best out of a slapped player who already was off, deep inside. Which didn't take into account fundamental human behaviour about fairness.

Bottom line we did learn once again: if a player wants to leave, let him leave.
Ultimately decision rests with Sanchez but Wenger still has a say since the player is still in contract . He can say no to the player going anywhere in January. I don't think he will do that because he will end up with nothing by letting him go for free in Summer. So depending on Wenger's stubborn attitude ,a possible replacement for Sanchez and the player's own choice (to go with beauty or the debt ridden beast ) we must wait and see .

To be honest Tolm I’m beyond caring..we are an unstoppable force in the Prem currently..if he comes great..if he doesn’t fair enough..just want this month to be over as it’s boring me to tears

This. It’s a distraction right now from what we do best and what’s important and that’s playing and winning games.

cant think of one personally,

on topic - dont need sanchez
Dybala is a secondary striker (same as Griezmann), so the only proper CF available in the market having starting quality would probably be Timo Werner. Or there might be a small chance that a previously unavailable CF becomes available in the summer (would like Kane to be honest).

hmmmmm

But Goal understands that while the club insist they are willing to walk away from a deal this month, potentially leaving United with a clear run, the Blues would rather find an agreement that suits all parties and sign the Chilean before the transfer window closes.

Ultimately decision rests with Sanchez but Wenger still has a say since the player is still in contract . He can say no to the player going anywhere in January. I don't think he will do that because he will end up with nothing by letting him go for free in Summer. So depending on Wenger's stubborn attitude ,a possible replacement for Sanchez and the player's own choice (to go with beauty or the debt ridden beast ) we must wait and see .

Agreed, I was heading to the Arsenal board having the final word.

Sometimes it's worth remembering that we're the club 15 points clear in the league, in a cup semi-final, and bookies favourites to win the CL, playing the some of the best attacking football the country has ever seen and breaking 130 year old european records.

There will be world class players absolutely desperate to come play for us, and as much as I'd like Sanchez here, he's not such a big catch that we should be begging and smashing all our wage structures just to convince him to come. If he isn't 100% committed, another world class player will be.

Absolutely this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.