Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it they were playing hardball with Arsenal waiting for them to blink and united came in and gave them what they wanted and it all blew up in our face.

Is probably the correct answer.

That and naively thinking that Sanchez had some long held desire to play for Pep which would see him choose us if someone else did come in for him.

I hoped that whoever deals with the transfers would have learnt after Alves that only money matters to most players.

I guess it just caps off a really shit weekend. Would of been nice to just keep our foot on the rags throat, let the ****s have their moment anyway as I'm fairly certain we'll have the last laugh come May.

The way I see it they were playing hardball with Arsenal waiting for them to blink and united came in and gave them what they wanted and it all blew up in our face.
That sounds plausible. What may have worked for Barcelona doesn't necessarily work in the competitive Premier league.

Is probably the correct answer.

That and naively thinking that Sanchez had some long held desire to play for Pep which would see him choose us if someone else did come in for him.

I hoped that whoever deals with the transfers would have learnt after Alves that only money matters to most players.
As you rightly point out this isn't the first time we have over-estimated the "pep-factor"

It`s obvious he`s money driven, but he also wants City. The only way he can have both is by staying put until the end of the season. If nothing comes out tomorrow it wouldn`t surprise me if he sits out the rest of the season at Arsenal.

I took the dogs out for 4 hours this afternoon and I love watching the hounds enjoy themselves, taking in the scenery and chatting to myself.

I too considered this scenario - it makes quite a bit of sense.

We are in a great position to push on but we need to think about the future. We can’t be putting a lot cash down for a 29 yr old striker. I would love Sanchez and I think he would bag us another trophy this year but I can see more issues with him over the next couple of seasons as better younger strikers come in. Get him for the £20-£25 mill and a great deal anything over and we may regret it.

Can we win the league with this squad yes due to points in the bank but we won’t win it by 12 points. The cracks have been there for a few weeks in performances as our squad isn’t that great if we are honest.

It’s possible David silva sees little game time this year and even if he plays his head will be else where so as it stands we have to plan without silva. Sanchez could fill this spot as cover which must add even more issues for pep to solve.

Can we go on and win 2 domestic cups and champs league with this squad ? For me no. If anything the Carabbo cup is our best chance but we will need our best team out.

We are desperate for a defender and 2 midfielders before Sanchez. I just hope aguero sorts his form out like we know he has. I think he knows he’s gone next summer and Sanchez is a Straight replacement for pep.

The fact this is ongoing tells me Sanchez is desperate for city and hoping we bid more but I’m glad we are not. It’s 50/50 which club he goes to.

We do need some reinforcements in January or our season could unravel. We have many injuries and tired players now, Kev has played every game and looks much slower than pre xmas.

Time for pep to earn his cash now as a few big weeks ahead

They can't. That's why we've still got people like Hart, Mangala etc. Not many can match what we pay. United can though

We can't get rid of them because they are on big wages & shite.

Top teams can match our top players' wages. And want to.

The players choose to stay & are looking to sign new deals when others would offer more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.