Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not hard to see we had a ceiling on what we would pay for a short term option versus a longer term one in Summer. Or how we might prioritise other positions now and that can change daily (like today if Delph's injury is as bad as seems).

We likely told Sanchez he would get a good pay day in the Summer if he waited. But he wanted out now. And put that ahead of waiting for Pep.

My guess is if that is his thinking he will realise the error of his impatience pretty fast. Unless he waited to see how we did today and has been sold the 'you can help us overhaul that gap on City' line.

If so I suspect Pep will be ruthless in showing him what he 'could have won'.

The way I see it they were playing hardball with Arsenal waiting for them to blink and united came in and gave them what they wanted and it all blew up in our face.

That suits Arsenal but he goes nowhere if he says no. This sounds like his agent got into his head for the money and he has agreed. If he can't wait six months fuck him, shows him up as a mercenary because no way he has gone there for football reasons.

It is not hard to see we had a ceiling on what we would pay for a short term option versus a longer term one in Summer. Or how we might prioritise other positions now and that can change daily (like today if Delph's injury is as bad as seems).

We likely told Sanchez he would get a good pay day in the Summer if he waited. But he wanted out now. And put that ahead of waiting for Pep.

My guess is if that is his thinking he will realise the error of his impatience pretty fast. Unless he waited to see how we did today and has been sold the 'you can help us overhaul that gap on City' line.

If so I suspect Pep will be ruthless in showing him what he 'could have won'.

Sounds believeable does much of that. Is he really going to be out on his own as uniteds best paid player, above pogba etc, if he goes there?

Watching Aguero yet again struggling to play how Pep needs him to play in a big game makes me change my mind somewhat. Surely worth improving our offer to get it done and keep him away from bus stop fc

Also he's only recently 29. Some acting like he's 32 with only a year or 2 left...

Guys.. first time I’ve been on in ages. What the actual fk is going on? Has he gone to the rags or not!? Anyone know? Thanks..

Nothing definite. But the tide of rumours/guesswork go to unveiling tomorrow v Stoke. Sam Lee seems to have started to think it is 'gone' so that is suggestive as he has been quite positive before.

No comments from City as yet though. You would expect some distancing when they know it is indeed over.

Everyone seems to have gone really defeatist over this transfer in the last hour or so whilst I've been doing my chores! Has something concrete happened, I can't see anything?

We’ve been here a few times so well scripted. I’m not too fussed. I hope we have other targets in mind to get us over that line.

The way I see it they were playing hardball with Arsenal waiting for them to blink and united came in and gave them what they wanted and it all blew up in our face.

Don't think it was a case of waiting for Arsenal to blink at all. Anyone reportedly in the know maintained throughout that City had set their price and if Arsenal didn't want to take it we were fairly relaxed about it and happy to come back to it in the summer. How other clubs decide to play it is up to them and if united want to break the bank to get him, then there's nothing we can do about that. If we're going to be.spemding ridiculous money then perhaps we think that would be best used on another high profile target. Its stupid to judge how we've played this one until we see how it all pans out.

That suits Arsenal but he goes nowhere if he says no. This sounds like his agent got into his head for the money and he has agreed. If he can't wait six months fuck him, shows him up as a mercenary because no way he has gone there for football reasons.
It is never about football reasons. They play for whoever pays the most.
If we didn't pay top dollar to our players, they wouldn't be here, even with Pep Guardiola.

It`s obvious he`s money driven, but he also wants City. The only way he can have both is by staying put until the end of the season. If nothing comes out tomorrow it wouldn`t surprise me if he sits out the rest of the season at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.