Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's all this not committed 100% stuff. If another team comes in for you and a massive pay rise you'd consider it no? Not every player that moves only has one option their heart is set on?
It's true we have said similar when we've landed some of our targets. It's a coup for them to land one of our targets but a) We really were his preferred destination b) The money really is what turned his head and they'd be the first ones to point that out.

We wanted him but he obviously ended up asking for more than we felt he was worth to us(I think Pep must have had a say in this too), I see nothing wrong with that in fact it's a sign of our progression in my book. That's not sugar coating it, if we offered more we could have had him, I'm sure of that.

United already have the highest wage bill(although Ibrahimovich will be gone at the end of the season I suspect... without a PL winners medal) and they are so far behind with their first 11 compared to ours that they'd need quite few more signings to even be level with what we have, this complicates that process for them even further. They'd have a lot of work to do shipping players out, while bringing new players in who will be aware of what he's on.

Last edited:
Only when it suits. Nobody gives a shit about the money when we sign someone. As soon as we don't sign someone, it's great that the club has taken a stand. When we spunk £80m on someone in the summer with no Prem experience, everyone will be delighted again.

Hahaha. True this and I am guilty of it.

It’s to make us feel that little bit better I suppose.

Pretty much, under Mourinho they seem to be repeatedly buying players that don't fit in his teams. Sanchez isn't a target man like drogba and isn't a quick, hardworking counter attack winger. Fuck knows what they'll do with him, same thing they did getting Pogba and to a lesser extent Lukaku. only Matic and Bailly are players that look like Mourinho signings for a Mourinho style team

Totally agree mate.

Ric do you know of any alternative options the club might have for the attack? This is a massive blow to us.

No idea mate. At a guess, we’ll be looking more at CH, LB or DM than a forward now this window, but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.