Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. You’ve articulated my point better than I did.
It's not necessarily a moral stance, we're just talking about money here. If the club feel there may be better opportunities/value they're right to walk away. As someone else just said, when he went from Udine to Barca, we ended up with Aguero.

Imagine what you like. He was a pep signing and we would have pushed the boat out even further if necessary imo.
You’ve missed my point. I’m talking about the mentality here that’s it’s okay to miss out on a player because you showed you got some bollocks kind of thing.

It's not necessarily a moral stance, we're just talking about money here. If the club feel there may be better opportunities/value they're right to walk away. As someone else just said, when he went from Udine to Barca, we ended up with Aguero.
And when Hazard went to Chelsea, we got nobody even near to his quality until KDB came.

Yes you can’t win all the deals but it’s a thin line. The only players better than KDB now is Messi and Neymar. No way we would’ve gotten them.

OMG what if we hadn't paid enough for KDB and not signed him.

giphy.gif

And when Hazard went to Chelsea, we got nobody even near to his quality until KDB came.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We didn't think Hazard was worth it, some may still feel that way, maybe not the strongest character. Other things happened around that transfer including Chelsea winning the champs league inc. the prize money and who knows what the club felt the financial position was with ffp looming. Like I said though we won't get it right every time, just most of the time. Maybe we should just fuck all the business heads off and let and get someone else in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.