Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see in a couple of seasons time how good the Mbappe deal this summer looks to other deals. Players nowhere near as good as him will be going for around the same money, mark my words. The value in the market is just obscene altogether.

True but that just makes those deals terrible rather than his deal being good.

Sanchez at 350k pw would be an example of that.

No.

1. City wins CL
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs

5. United.
6. Arsenal wins EL

Spurs do not miss out. We still only have 5 teams in the CL.

I’m shaking my head at this forum right now.
Maybe he thinks we'll not win another league game this season but still win the CL and finish fifth. Could get decent odds for that.

Imo the ones who will look like good deals, financially are Sané, Gabriel Jesus etc. They were signed for less than the previous rate for 'top' players.

If they had cost 100 mil each, that would not be the case. 150 mil would be a joke.
It's fear of loss, I said this when we were linked with the lad. There are got to have players every year that go for a lot more than they're worth because clubs are afraid to be seen as having lost out. People call Mbappe a once in a generation talent, but nobody called Kane that and he would have been a lot cheaper at 18.

They're glorified recruiters. Recruiters take a payment from the company when they find an employee for them to hire. It isn't much different. The amounts are obviously vastly inflated because there is only one/very few Alexis Sanchez types in the world, but thousands of Gary the Accountants.

So it is no surprise, nor different to every day life. It is the size of the payments which are ridiculous.

Fans perception that football isn't a business doesn't help and hence it becomes easy to resent someone for making money out of a deal and that money doesn't stay within the game.

It will not change until there is blanket regulation, but don't expect that any time soon. As long as the law makers continue to make money, why would they.
Taking a stance to not pay it is admirable, but flawed on our own as it is a broken system.

Yeah without a doubt. I feel that United really did put a nail in the coffin of the value of the market with the Pogba transfer, especially considering what his agent earned. That is what kickstarted the crazy spending and set the ball rolling for the 197m Neymar transfer to PSG.

City haven't followed suit no matter how much shit the media spout. The market is completely broken now and I just feel as though we need to jump on board now. Things will only get worse from here so we might as well join the club.

True but that just makes those deals terrible rather than his deal being good.

Sanchez at 350k pw would be an example of that.

The market is completely broken now, I can only see it getting worse from now on. When average players like Danny Drinkwater are going for nearly 40m, you know football has gone completely bonkers. We may as well jump on board and as I have mentioned before, give it 5 seasons tops and you will see a player earning 1m a week. Its definitely getting to that stage.

They're glorified recruiters. Recruiters take a payment from the company when they find an employee for them to hire. It isn't much different. The amounts are obviously vastly inflated because there is only one/very few Alexis Sanchez types in the world, but thousands of Gary the Accountants.

So it is no surprise, nor different to every day life. It is the size of the payments which are ridiculous.

Fans perception that football isn't a business doesn't help and hence it becomes easy to resent someone for making money out of a deal and that money doesn't stay within the game.

It will not change until there is blanket regulation, but don't expect that any time soon. As long as the law makers continue to make money, why would they.
Taking a stance to not pay it is admirable, but flawed on our own as it is a broken system.
Fully agree. I think in this cut-throat multi-billion dollar business of football, taking moral high grounds on money is hilarious. Hopefully, our management isn't generally reluctant to use their financial power in ways other clubs do in future transfers.

It's fear of loss, I said this when we were linked with the lad. There are got to have players every year that go for a lot more than they're worth because clubs are afraid to be seen as having lost out. People call Mbappe a once in a generation talent, but nobody called Kane that and he would have been a lot cheaper at 18.

There will be a kid somewhere at 20 mil, right now, who is a far better deal than Sanchez.

Is it over as far as we are concerned? My mind still cant accept that sanchez will sign for united, not because we were after him but the fact that city offer a genuine chance of trophies and have better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.