Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if Sanchez leaves now, Arsenal have to pay off the final year of his contract plus any laughable 'loyalty' bonuses etc, so won't be getting 50 mil, at all (if we've even offered 50 mil) ?

Loyalty bonus for leaving the club?

giphy.gif

Surely if Sanchez leaves now, Arsenal have to pay off the final year of his contract plus any laughable 'loyalty' bonuses etc, so won't be getting 50 mil, at all (if we've even offered 50 mil) ?

That's simple then they tell him if u want to leave put a formal transfer request in. I'm sure he then wavers any loyalty bonus and future wages.

It's not really about you NEED for the money (although you've just lost a bunch of it you expected to have).

It's more that you have an asset worth whatever now that will be worth £0 in 12 months. That's insanity. You sell him. It's not even a debate, you sell him this summer. There's no reason at all not to.

The reason being, as well as being a business we are also a football club. Does our chances of a title challenge / getting in the top 4 increase with Alexis Sanchez being part of the team? If he guides us back in the Champions League, that basically pays for the transfer fee himself. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but the sporting reason & financial reasons are linked that way.

How does the situation sit with you're supposed wage cap. If he is asking for such a pay rise, like you say the tv rights and your commercial income should cover the wages, but what happens when Walcott, Ox, Ramsey and the rest of your squad start asking for pay rises equating to what Ozil and Sanchez ask for. Does it not also impact on your summer dealings if this drags on until August or do you think the board will of already decided.

It does blow our wage cap out the water, but im not sure there's anyone else in the squad is of the status yet that could demand anywhere close to that money. Ox will either renew or be sold this summer, Walcott will likely not be a first choice pick next summer, Wilshere can't remain fit. I'd imagine when we go to renew the likes of Ramsey they will get an increase anyway as wages in general continue to rise.

As for new arrivals, i would hope Gazidas & Wenger have a plan in place for each scenario, although with them you are never sure. If it were me, i'd be going out just now & getting the best striker i can get regardless, & perhaps a midfielder, with the majority of the budget, at least to try & put of some sort of statement of intent. Then as the Sanchez situation unfolds, to the deal & secure a replacement if required. Whoever we sign isn't going to have the same influence as Sanchez directly anyway, so the hope is that getting another striker would ease that burden.

That's simple then they tell him if u want to leave put a formal transfer request in. I'm sure he then wavers any loyalty bonus and future wages.

So it's not necessarily as straightforward as them just 'losing' 50 mil (if anyone has offered 50 mil) by keeping him. They 'lose' substantially less than whatever the offer is & still have Sanchez for a year.

He won't be at City, I would think if Arsenal cash in he will be off to Munich. They will pay less but It is probably the best solution for Arsenal.

Given the wage on offer will be substantially less though, I'm not sure it'd be the best deal for Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.