Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be at City, I would think if Arsenal cash in he will be off to Munich. They will pay less but It is probably the best solution for Arsenal.

Arsenal will cash in either way,purely down to where Sanchez wants to play,he will be sold.
No way Arsenal are stupid enough to lose out.

There's no way to get this deal over the line if Arsenal play absolute hard ball. I just don't see Arsenal having that stance in their locker, they've proved it time and again.

There's no way to get this deal over the line if Arsenal play absolute hard ball. I just don't see Arsenal having that stance in their locker, they've proved it time and again.

Arsenal will sell, it's what they do. I'm so confident that this deal will happen because Sanchez himself wants the move. Do you think Arsenal would honestly allow Alexis to leave for free in a years time? It's like a game of poker, and Arsenal will show their hand first.

Last edited:
Arsenal will sell, it's what they do. I'm so confident that this deal will happen because Sanchez himself wants the move. Do you think Arsenal would honestly allow Alexis to leave for free in a yard time? It's like a game of poker, and Arsenal will show their hand first.

Is "yard" slang for summat?

If Sanchez puts his foot down, threatening to reject any trade other than City, then for sure this deal goes through. I'm not sure though that Sanchez is willing to do this.

Bayern is a top club and has made attractive offers - unless Sanchez really wants to play for City, he'll end up there.

Arsenal will almost certainly sell Sanchez this window... I'm not so certain though that they'll sell to us.

But... LOL... I'd love for our secret feeder club to give us yet another player! :-)

Last edited:
Not entirely sure why you have put it in your heads that he's pretty set on going to City.

Let me put you in the picture.

If Bayern Munich want him and Manchester City want him Arsenal will push him towards Bayern. Not only that but Bayern are the much more attractive option. Arsenal would take a 10m hit in the transfer fee just to stop him from going to City. Any sort of moved to Manchester City will be blocked by Arsenal.

We're talking about Alexis Sanchez here, not Samir Nasri. Alexis isn't driven by money he's driven by winning big trophies, something Bayern can almost certainly offer him whereas City is more 50/50 as to wether or not big trophies will come being in such a competitive league.

This is Alexis' last chance at a big move as he's soon to be 29 years old, why would he waste his time attempting to win trophies with city when he can be guaranteed big trophies at Bayern?

He either goes to Bayern to win things or stays at Arsenal for the money, because Arsenal will offer him just as much as City.

Case closed.

Guaranteed big trophy's at Bayern ? You mean winning the one horse race every year? Which other trophy's is he guaranteed to win there then, that's like saying why did he move to Arsenal in the first place-a team who hadn't won the PL for 11 years or fail year in year out in the CL.

Players go where they like fella, you cant make him go to Bayern-he's within his rights to stay where he and sign for City on a free and City and the player will do just that if need be.

The reason being, as well as being a business we are also a football club. Does our chances of a title challenge / getting in the top 4 increase with Alexis Sanchez being part of the team? If he guides us back in the Champions League, that basically pays for the transfer fee himself. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but the sporting reason & financial reasons are linked that way.

No, you sell him then spend that money on a new player who will contribute to the sporting success but also be an asset on the books in 12 months. Sporting success and financial reasons are linked that way.

Guaranteed big trophy's at Bayern ? You mean winning the one horse race every year? Which other trophy's is he guaranteed to win there then, that's like saying why did he move to Arsenal in the first place-a team who hadn't won the PL for 11 years or fail year in year out in the CL.

Players go where they like fella, you cant make him go to Bayern-he's within his rights to stay where he and sign for City on a free and City and the player will do just that if need be.

Damm You!

I was hoping he wouldn't get a bite

Not entirely sure why you have put it in your heads that he's pretty set on going to City.

Let me put you in the picture.

If Bayern Munich want him and Manchester City want him Arsenal will push him towards Bayern. Not only that but Bayern are the much more attractive option. Arsenal would take a 10m hit in the transfer fee just to stop him from going to City. Any sort of moved to Manchester City will be blocked by Arsenal.

We're talking about Alexis Sanchez here, not Samir Nasri. Alexis isn't driven by money he's driven by winning big trophies, something Bayern can almost certainly offer him whereas City is more 50/50 as to wether or not big trophies will come being in such a competitive league.

This is Alexis' last chance at a big move as he's soon to be 29 years old, why would he waste his time attempting to win trophies with city when he can be guaranteed big trophies at Bayern?

He either goes to Bayern to win things or stays at Arsenal for the money, because Arsenal will offer him just as much as City.

Case closed.
Methinks you are forgetting his bond with a certain Catalan.

He won't be at City, I would think if Arsenal cash in he will be off to Munich. They will pay less but It is probably the best solution for Arsenal.
It won't be....how can it be best for them? They are still losing Sanchez but getting less money whilst we will just move on to an equally brilliant attacking target! There is only one loser if they accept £10m less from Bayern and that's Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.