Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a weird one this. i and probably most city fans thought this deal was going to be relatively straight forward. It was clear he was very interested in playing for us and was reportedly gutted the move didnt go through in the summer. Guess we all just presumed we'd get him this window or wait til summer. The way this saga has unfolded has been pretty shit to be honest. Its clear he's very much money-orientated and its disappointing to say the least, but im pretty happy we aren't giving in to his, his agent's and arsenal's demands. Move on and im sure we'll get someone far hungrier, younger and better in the summer!
Hopefully not too hungry though, Sanchez is already a bit chunky

My thoughts exactly. He had our offer since last summer, he is now thinking about the £’s......so he can go elsewhere in my eyes

He's 29
Chile didn't qualify for the World Cup
He has, what, 3 years at best?
Wouldn't you go for the big money?
If he goes to Man Yoo, we know it's not for trophies...

I don't think we have played a blinder in this saga at all. Essentially, our inability to close the deal has allowed our closest rivals to move in a grab the player from under our noses. If the reports that Sanchez and his agent demanded more money after having agreed a deal are true, then i can understand why the club has taken the decision it has. However, this isn't the first time this season that we have seemingly had an agreement with a player only for it to fall through at the last moment. The Alves fiasco resulted in us over spending on a bang average full back who isn't worthy of lacing the boots of the player we originally wanted.

Hopefully we can grab another forward player in January because the glaring weakness in our squad is up front. Aguero has been a shadow of his former self this season and Jesus wouldn't even be in the side if he wasn't Brazilian.

Really cant see us signing world class players in the near future.. our tranfer record is 57m!! We pull out from Pogba and Mbbape and now also from Sanchez.. i think we need to use the appeal of Pep and sign the best players ! Pep will not be here for ever...

Every window we have had a lot to do, I don’t see the huge money signings at this point and also does Pep need them (we’re not doing bad).

They will come at one point but at the moment we have had too much to do to use that much of our budget.

When we sign 2-3 a year, we will have the funds to spend more.

Ridiculous money (even what City were offering) for someone turning 30 and on a free in 4 1/2 months! He’s a really good player, but I’ve never gone into a game against arsenal worrying because he was playing in the way I would Barca - Messi or PSG - Neymar. Yet in the last 6 months he’s been made out to be the most outstanding talent in the Premiership
He is an outstanding talent in the PL.

He scored 4 more goals than Aguero last season.

He was only just 29 in December, (7 months younger than Aguero).

He wont be available on a free because he wants to leave and Arsenal want to sell him.

I agree the money is getting ridiculous but it is a market, if we don't compete for the best players when they become available at cheap transfer fees, like in this case with Sanchez, other clubs will not hesitate.

IMO we will regret not securing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.