Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Arsenal aren't that stupid...it could explain the hold up though as it sounds like Utd have terms agreed with the player but not Arsenal and if this is true the saga could well drag on and our £20mil offer may be the best offer on the table as far as Arsenal are concerned it also points to Sanchez wanting us to match the rags wages offer which ain't happening

I can't see Arsenal doing anything with Sanchez until a replacement has been secured.

I can however see Walcott off to Everton, maybe Aubemyang coming in for Sanchez who is swapped for Mkhitaryan to replace Walcott

But that would strike me as too slick and efficient for the dumbarses at the Emirates

lol i stopped being arsed about this deal last week mate! i just think someone was playing silly beggers and assumed that city would just pay up and its backfired on them and now its a problem as sanchez doesnt really want the rags and mikitakka doesnt want the arsenal and the rags really dont want to pay £35m and £400,000 a week!

Please don't get my hopes up again.

Thanks for your insight

Sorry, was not being dismissive. It is a huge thread to follow. But we knew from around Friday that this was the problem and almost certainly have upped the bid from £20 million a little if that was the issue. Wenger also said at the weekend that it was up to Sanchez to choose between us and United indicating the fees to Arsenal were not going to stop anything.

Who's to say it wouldnt have been the same with Sanchez! Once you jump on the ship and he sees the love of the fans and the chemistry in the squad, he might have fallen in love with the club. The Yaya signing is no different to Sanchez.....and I bet no-one regrets we did everything we could to get Yaya signed all those years ago! Even Yaya and his agent have pushed for a big payday over the last few years. If Sanchez scored the winning goal for us in CL final, everyone would soon forget his 350k wages demands!;)

... maybe but, the people who have made the decision seem to think that, given Sanchez/his agent’s stance re: finances, having agreed a deal last summer, that maybe his personal values didn’t match the club and the current squad......

No the inference was we weren't going to improve our offer, not necessarily that we've turfed it all together (which I wish we would). To my mind he's had his chance(s) to join us.

I think the offer is still on the table - to make the point that all parties had agreed it - until Sanchez and his agent moved the goalposts. It being on the table is symbolic- as per the Goal article from earlier - I think City and Pep have lost all confidence in Sanchez and there is no way back for him - he’s played a stupid high stakes game and we have called his bluff. Having playing the money grabbing wanker routine- he will now have to be a money grabbing wanker because all morality is lost.

Could do with Tolmie telling us he has heard that we are negotiating quietly for someone else good. Cue video guessing games. That would calm everyone down.

Looks like there will always be two positions on this - one (that I take) that we have done the right thing for the team given how they are together and do not need any disruption for those who come in if we outbid the universe because we can.

Or that we should stop United buying every good player and have a staff of 999 players and a wage bill of a small country and all would be well.

Until we tried to play all 999 of them in the same team.

We always should care about OUR team not who might strengthen another because we cannot have everyone.

Trust the manager to know what he is doing. Surely he has earned that

Last edited:
What we need is the club to issue a statement saying we are pulling out of this transfer, then we can all move on.

So been at work all day and wifi was down, has he signed for them yet, and how many rags in disguise have signed up to here to try to gloat like usual when tgey think tbey have done us in the 500+ pages since 6am.

Or is he at the bridge?

or have we re-entered after sanchez has refused all offers.
Loads of rags -- snakes all of 'em, how can anyone be so small minded, they embarrass themselves. Re Sanchez: There seems to be a hold up involving Mkhitaryan agreeing to the deal,: Conte says he doesn't know anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.