Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alexis-sanchez-demanding-400000-week-10744914

Good evening. Arsenal fan here. I'd gladly let him leave for free next year (IF the article is true). Although I'd guess, these figures were probably set only to agitate a move away from Arsenal. Out of pure interest: would you support City paying them for Alexis?

Hello Ari. Knowledgeable posters are always welcome!

Do you think Sanchez staying at Arsenal will determine whether or not the club finishes in the top four next season?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alexis-sanchez-demanding-400000-week-10744914

Good evening. Arsenal fan here. I'd gladly let him leave for free next year (IF the article is true). Although I'd guess, these figures were probably set only to agitate a move away from Arsenal. Out of pure interest: would you support City paying them for Alexis?

Gladly let him leave next year for free? What if he signs for Spurs or Chelsea for free. Then In hindsight that £55m from City the year before wouldn't have seemed so bad then.

Hello Ari. Knowledgeable posters are always welcome!

Do you think Sanchez staying at Arsenal will determine whether or not the club finishes in the top four next season?

Thank you Asa.
And no, not necessarily. I'm a romantic, I think good team play goes a long way. I didn't like when Alexis left the stadium after being subbed during last campaign. There were a few more incidents like that. I guess those moments were the beginning of the end.
Last year we were too reliable on him. If we can change that during the transfer period by buying replacements or during preseason through adjusted tactical setup we should be able to live without him.

Thank you Asa.
And no, not necessarily. I'm a romantic, I think good team play goes a long way. I didn't like when Alexis left the stadium after being subbed during last campaign. There were a few more incidents like that. I guess those moments were the beginning of the end.
Last year we were too reliable on him. If we can change that during the transfer period by buying replacements or during preseason through adjusted tactical setup we should be able to live without him.

I think Alexis Sanchez has the Latin temperament that is often misinterpreted by us anglo-saxons. Storming out of the stadium may be frowned upon by us ... but in south america it may be normal.

Arsenal try to play good football and don't always get the results they deserve.

My gut feeling is that Alexis wants to work with Pep again ... but will wait until January to join.

Gladly let him leave next year for free? What if he signs for Spurs or Chelsea for free. Then In hindsight that £55m from City the year before wouldn't have seemed so bad then.

I'd rather have him at Arsenal another season, bring in some quality replacements now and have them settled fully by the time Alexis leaves.
Also he will come back from yet another summer tournament then, playing without a proper break for more or less 4 or 5 years.
Most important: he's free to choose his destination then. If he wants to be a **** about it and join Spurs, then he's just a **** who's back I'll be happy to see. If he really wants to be at City and and joins you on a free next year after giving his all for another year, fair play to him.

I'd rather have him at Arsenal another season, bring in some quality replacements now and have them settled fully by the time Alexis leaves.
Also he will come back from yet another summer tournament then, playing without a proper break for more or less 4 or 5 years.
Most important: he's free to choose his destination then. If he wants to be a **** about it and join Spurs, then he's just a **** who's back I'll be happy to see. If he really wants to be at City and and joins you on a free next year after giving his all for another year, fair play to him.
That sounds fine now, but do you think the rumours are going to stop as soon as the season starts? For maybe a couple of months and then it will be extremely unsettling. There'll be non-stop speculation, questions about his commitment. It could be a massive distraction in a season where Arsenal must get their top 4 place back. Ifyou don't return to top 4 next season, I think you could rapidly fade away. Manager will be gone and all your special players: sanchez, Giroud, Cazorla and Ozil

I think Alexis Sanchez has the Latin temperament that is often misinterpreted by us anglo-saxons. Storming out of the stadium may be frowned upon by us ... but in south america it may be normal.

Arsenal try to play good football and don't always get the results they deserve.

My gut feeling is that Alexis wants to work with Pep again ... but will wait until January to join.

He cant join in January, only foreign clubs can negotiate with him in January. With a view to joining next season

From an Arsenal point of view, this is the best outcome.
He'll be nearing 30 and losing the extra yard of pace that he relies on, in that time maybe a Mahrez or Lemar can step up and be ready to replace him, no one can replace him this summer.

He cant join in January, only foreign clubs can negotiate with him in January. With a view to joining next season

Valid point. So for City, it's pay now or get him for nothing in one year.

It is up to Arsenal to decide if they want to gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.