Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well aware of what Wenger has said in the past, however he's in an entirely different situation now. His position was never questioned back then like it has been over the last year or so, half the fans want him gone as it is and he doesn't have the excuse of "we had to sell" anymore. They don't have to sell, money is as good as irrelevant in this current market, they won't be able to replace him with a similar player. it would be as good as waving a white flag if they did now sell to us after coming out and categorically stating he won't be sold numerous times. He'd look like an absolute clown at a time where his approval rating is at an all time low. I don't possibly see how he could remain as manager if they were to sell Sanchez now, they'd be actual riots. Wenger's clearly determined to see his new contract out and the board don't want to lose him so they'll see losing out on £50 million as a necessary step.

We can live with missing out on Sanchez, we can't live with just the two strikers though. Putting all our eggs in the Sanchez basket would be foolish and almost ruin all the brilliant business we've done so far this summer. Sanchez would win us the league but he's not the only one, there are others out there we just need Pep and Txiki to find one and get him in asap.
Spot on. Let's forget about Sanchez please. He's staying and he's knocking on a bit and hasn't had a proper summer break for 5 years.

We DEFO need another striker. It's fun to speculate on who, but we have to assume Txiki has one or two waiting in the wings. And it won't be Mbappe before some clown suggests him!

Jamie Vardy from the bench?

@Robbiegunn

Just curious mate, considering you're so adamant that Alexis will not be sold to City may I ask what you're doing on here?

The reason I ask is that in the past when I've seen visitors from other clubs of which we're linked to one of their players on these boards, it's usually because they're worried.
I float around a lot of forums. I get a bit bored just talking to my own fans, it's nice to have a proper debate at times with different viewpoints. As long as I'm not abusive or a WUM, then I don't see how it's a problem. I wouldn't have an issue with you posting on a gunners forum.

But Ozil & Sanchez can sign for another club in January.

Barca could even take Sanchez back for fuck all. PSG, to go with Neymar. They could take both your players, for nothing.

You could instead have a bunch of hungry new players by now & those two out of the picture. Settled side for the next season.

I understand that mate, i can honestly see arguments for both keeping him & letting him go.

Whatever Wenger does in this situation it's a gamble, a decision i'm glad i dont have to make.

Others might be right, it might all be a ruse just to try and justify a sale in the next couple of weeks.

I have no idea whats going to happen, like i said previously, i'm just pointing out the arguments for keeping him against all this forums arguments for letting him go. That doesn't mean its the decision i would make, or that i am going to pretend to know what will happen.

Spot on. Let's forget about Sanchez please. He's staying and he's knocking on a bit and hasn't had a proper summer break for 5 years.

We DEFO need another striker. It's fun to speculate on who, but we have to assume Txiki has one or two waiting in the wings. And it won't be Mbappe before some clown suggests him!

Jamie Vardy from the bench?

A clown would suggest Mbappe yet you are suggesting Vardy?

Imagine they don't get top 4 again and lose Ozil, Sanchez and Chamberlain on free mans that's them goosed.

That alone would be quite interesting to see what happens then. Happy days, gooners!

I am no Arsenal expert at all but in this constellation of a manager who should have gone already, a scorer who wants to leave and a squad with a variety of weak areas
I would be surprised if especially Arsenal would stand the pressure to MUST deliver top 4 in the PL or by doing like rags and win EL.
That means they even can't afford to play the youth and leave EL early to concentrate on the league as the chance for a CL spot might even be better through a EL win.

Honestly, I see fuming gooners after the opening matches Leicester (h) COME ON NACHO , Stoke (a) and Liverpool (a). Imo.

I float around a lot of forums. I get a bit bored just talking to my own fans, it's nice to have a proper debate at times with different viewpoints. As long as I'm not abusive or a WUM, then I don't se how it's a problem. I wouldn't have an issue with you posting on a gunners forum.

No problem whatsoever mate, just curious and I did outline why in my post.

@Robbiegunn

Just curious mate, considering you're so adamant that Alexis will not be sold to City may I ask what you're doing on here?

The reason I ask is that in the past when I've seen visitors from other clubs of which we're linked to one of their players on these boards, it's usually because they're worried.

If Sanchez has refused or is refusing any other clubs,then Arsenal can only sell to City,they can't force him to go where he don't want to.......he will be ours,IMO.

A clown would suggest Mbappe yet you are suggesting Vardy?
Simply because he is someone that would be available, happy to play back up role, good recent record, Leicester have had their day, he's lightning quick, relatively cheap, will score plenty from the chances he'd get.

There are others of course, but he's the sort we should be looking at as a back-up to missing out on Sanchez. Proven in Premier League to tide us over til ne t summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.