alfie haaland

njmcfc1894

born longsight,live blackley,s/ticket block 118
Did alfie haaland become a cult legend because of the roy keane tackle?

I was at the swamp the day of the tackle and obviously its derby day so everyone backed haaland, but it was only months earlier fans near me in the kippax were booing him.

Also i remember that dickhead Paul Hince saying he could become one of the greatest captains in citys history

He isn't, nor has he ever been a cult hero at City. Yes we backed him after the Roy Keane incident but in general he was as average as average comes.

jay_mcfc said:
He isn't, nor has he ever been a cult hero at City. Yes we backed him after the Roy Keane incident but in general he was as average as average comes.

Agree. Anyone remember him having to be substituted in a pre season friendly at Stockport because the ref didn't want to send him off?

jay_mcfc said:

What I remember from that incident is that hardly any City players gave it to Keane. Why didn't anyone hit him?

Mike N said:
jay_mcfc said:

What I remember from that incident is that hardly any City players gave it to Keane. Why didn't anyone hit him?

i thought wanchope was going to but then thought fuck it.

Unfortunately no one was hard enough to hit the twat,remember Jeff Whitley going over though,he must have been saying,please dont do that Roy,thats not nice,Keane would have shouted boo to him and he would have ran a mile.

Remember bumping into him at Carrington one day,nice enough chap,but as a previous poster has put,never a cult hero am afraid

meeesh said:
Unfortunately no one was hard enough to hit the twat,remember Jeff Whitley going over though,he must have been saying,please dont do that Roy,thats not nice,Keane would have shouted boo to him and he would have ran a mile.

Remember bumping into him at Carrington one day,nice enough chap,but as a previous poster has put,never a cult hero am afraid
maybe not cult hero but he seems to be more popular with fans than his performances warranted.

nicholasjackson said:
meeesh said:

maybe not cult hero but he seems to be more popular with fans than his performances warranted.

That's pity plied with a hatred for that twat Keane.

meeesh said:

If he'd hit one of my mates like that when I used to play football, I'd have hit him. Might have regretted it later but I'd have done something to the shitpot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.