Ali B....How good was he ?

Tameside Tom

...Imo,one of the most influential players I've seen in a blue shirt. Reading another thread over the last couple of days, it seems not everyone shares the same opinion.
I say genius, what about you ?

He was outstanding that season he first came, didn't have the same impact in the Prem due to pace and age probably but still remember him scoring a peach against Spurs when we lost 3-2 and think he might have got one against Villa at home.

His vision and creativity were a joy to behold.

bluemoonste said:
I seem to remember a back heal chip to Goater against Charlton (?) that defied the laws of physics. Never understood that one.

... and a superman style diving header against Villa.

Think the back flick was against Gillingham, unbelievable skill. The man was the absolute bomb. Shame we got him at the end of his career. Can't see how anyone lucky enough to see him would think he was anything but top drawer.

I recently bought the KK division 1 season review from HMV. Best £3 I've ever spent.

We were so much fun to watch at the time! Ali B, Berkovic, Wanchope, Goater, Huckerby, Horlock... Probably my favourite city season besides last season!

Ali B was amazing that year, just amazing!

InvisibleMan6 said:
bluemoonste said:
I seem to remember a back heal chip to Goater against Charlton (?) that defied the laws of physics. Never understood that one.

... and a superman style diving header against Villa.

Think the back flick was against Gillingham, unbelievable skill. The man was the absolute bomb. Shame we got him at the end of his career. Can't see how anyone lucky enough to see him would think he was anything but top drawer.

That's the one mate ... spent several hours in the garden trying that ...lol !!! he'd lost his speed but his first touch was one of the best I've ever seen.

I remember him playing vs Newcastle for Monaco in a European match when Meehan was manager at newcastle 1st time round. He ripped newcastle to pieces. The man was top draw. Always saw the run of a player before he'd even made the run! His debut was almost as special as kun's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.