Ali B....How good was he ?

My 3 standout away matches from as a young kid.

Wembley vs Gillingham

Away at Blackburn to get promoted

6-2 away at Sheff Wednesday, just because of how brilliant Ali B was.

Geez i was so in love with Benarbia, still have his signed photo somewhere back at the family home.

For me he was the real deal, but on the level we are on now then perhaps a class behind that. But he shone in that side.

Still one of my fav players

adammck said:
Geez i was so in love with Benarbia, still have his signed photo somewhere back at the family home.

For me he was the real deal, but on the level we are on now then perhaps a class behind that. But he shone in that side.

^
Well put

Great player, great memories, but he wouldn't make our 1st team now. He was a class above our pretty average players at the time..

Silva is a class above most players in the league...as is Aguero...as is Tevez...as is Dzeko...as is Nasri etc etc

01MANC said:
adammck said:

^
Well put

Great player, great memories, but he wouldn't make our 1st team now. He was a class above our pretty average players at the time..

Silva is a class above most players in the league...as is Aguero...as is Tevez...as is Dzeko...as is Nasri etc etc

^^^^This

Ali B was one of those players you just loved to watch, I also though his attitude was very good from the interviews he gave. Shame we got him at the twilight of his career but at least we got to see him in a blue shirt.

I remember arsen wenger doing an interview on football focus (I think) and saying Ali B was the best passer of a ball in the French league and was for the past 5 or so seasons. I remember it clearly as I thought, well why the guck didn't YOU buy him then!!

He was class, even in the twilight of his career.

class!

Ali B could have played in any team ever. He looked great playing for us and he was playing with players way below his ability.

Imagine Ali playing with Silva and Nasri, no team would get the ball off them

an absolute hero of mine

Ive a memory of him in a night game at MR when a long ball, poss from the oppositions goal kick went over his head and he stuck a heel out behind him and knocked the ball back over himself where he trapped it with his thigh.
Its so long ago I doubt myself, but I know it happened

One of the players I feel genuinely privileged to have seen play

bluemoonste said:
Never seen that back heal flick chip done before or since in a game ..... anyone else ever seen that ?

Didn't someone do something similar for Fabregas' Barca goal the other week?

I think he came to England to find a club and Sunderland(?) said they would give him a trial!!!!
Had the same agent as a City player and Keegan snapped him up. He was absolute class and his debut for us was one of the best I have ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.