Ali Benarbia - Still one of my all time Favourites

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Dribble, 11 Jul 2019.

Tags:
  1. Blue Feather

Blue Feather

Pure class and his roll after being fouled against Wolves (think it was Lescott and he got a red) was the best I've ever seen !!

Dribble likes this.
  2. Blue Feather

Blue Feather

Fuck me that is spooky !!!! See previous post !!

Dribble likes this.
  3. Mike N

Mike N

Great minds!

4. Blue Feather

Blue Feather

A foggy December night if I remember correctly?

5. Mike N

Mike N

I nearly put that in my post!

6. Dribble

Dribble

That season was the first time I'd watched City in total awe, with the second time being the first half of the title winning 2011/12 season. We blitzed Division 1 with some bewildering, unbelievable football. I can't remember which broadcaster it was (maybe Setanta), but they had the rights to Division 1 football & admitted City were the only big draw they had. KK complained that we hadn't played at 3pm on a Saturday for weeks because our games were always resheduled for live TV.

I also recall when teams in the PL started paying attention after our narrow Cup defeat away to Newcastle. We controlled the game, but just couldn't match Newcastle's firepower. However the Rag hoards I worked with were impressed, albeit they believed we were no match for them.... Shaun Goater had quite a bit to say about that! :-)

7. Dribble

Dribble

Yes and Dave Jones complained he was still rolling down Claremont Road an hour after the match... Lol :-)

Blue Feather and Mike N like this.
  8. jimharri

jimharri

Didn't that short lived digital channel from ITV have the rights for, at least, some of the games in the football league that season?

9. Mike N

Mike N

We were treated to some fantastic football in the Championship winning season.

Dribble likes this.
  10. Healthcare29

Healthcare29

Not quite, Sunderland had arranged a trial match for him versus City, KK wasn't watching/going to watch, assistant (Arthur Cox?) remembered him playing a european match v Newcastle & told Keegan to go & watch, unexpectedly Peter Reid didn't turn up so City nipped in.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2019
    BlindEyeSeesAll likes this.