Alien or Aliens

The set design and suspense in the original Alien is brilliant. Incredible film.

I haven’t seen Aliens for years but I remember it being much less dark and moody and more of a fun action movie.

HR Giger responsible for the set design for Alien, he’s produced some crazy artwork in his time. If you look at how special effects build environments for films these days, everything back in 1979 would have been built from the ground up to make the film, the attention to detail and size of it all is impressive.

Alien.

There is only one sequel that is better than the first film, and that is Godfather 2.

There's probably quite a few better sequels these days but it definitely used to be the case that originals were better than sequels.

Of older movies, I think Empire Strikes Back is better than the original Star Wars movie and then many would argue Terminator 2 is better than T1 as well.

Aliens for me.
Absolutely superb follow up to the original.
Not to say I didn’t love the first but it does seem dated now considering modern FX.
Favourite line
Hudson (played brilliantly by Bill Paxton)
Hey Vasquez you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez - No , have you ?

Hard to compare, they're 2 completely different films in 2 very different genres. I'm always partial to Alien though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.