Alistair Mann Commentary - Rodri Goal

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Anyone know who operates the CityTv soundboard?
The ambient sound is a downer, the blues fans are muted during goals, and the volume slider for the narrator is increased; nothing against the narrator which is mint, but the sound managemen which is poor.
The Madrid game is particularly silent, I noticed the difference when watching the recording from Argies ESPN, even those blokes are louder and speak a lot, the atmosphere is brilliant, the singing crisp and clear; not so in Ali's CityTV.

As someone who couldn't see the match, and only listen to the audio commentary, Alistair's commentary was like the lift-off of a Saturn V rocket. Morrison, who is more measured than Alistair Mann, utterly let himself go — first time I've heard him do that.
I find that Alistair Mann's evaluations don't always square with the way I see the match when I get round to watching it. He wants to give us everything when sometimes in my view it's a fifty-fifty decision — so you get the impression that a gigantic injustice has been done and when you watch it back you really don't think so — and, conversely, he also starts getting very tense sometimes when the opposition get into our final third. Listening to him, you sometimes get the impression that the opposition player is clean through, whereas in fact you watch it back and you realise that they had the ball, they were in the final third, but in fact we had the whole thing totally in hand, with the defence getting quickly back into shape, and the keeper not having to even make any kind of save.
But he was great the other night, and went some way to consoling me about not having seen the match. Still haven't seen it! Settling down today to watch it. By all accounts, it was a pretty dire affair. But then, most CL finals are, in my experience. The real classics take place at quarter-final and semi-final level. As this year, for instance…

Perhaps not Andy Buckley's screeching reaction to Paul Dickov's equaliser in 1999 but nevertheless the commentary only a true blue could greet such a goal with. Thanks Ali - we all went mad at that moment and we'll all enjoy your commentary on it for a very long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.