"All City fans are from Stockport"

DirtyHarry said:
Fair play to my Mrs though, she got up ( a bit p1ssed mind) and told them to shut the f*ck up as they were an embarrassment, generally just tore them apart and then just heckled them for the rest of the match about the sh1t they were spewing, I was just p1ssing myself and left her to it.

Jesus, mate. You really should think a bit before you type. I think you'll find that that little nugget will end up on a few United message boards.

I'm from Stockport......shit, they could be onto something ; )

Tricky_Trev said:
To be fair, it's no different to us saying all rags come from London. It's just banter, surely? Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Whilst what you say is fair enough Trev, what I would say is that I bet if you look at those peoples parents/Grand-parents from Stockport, most will have originally come from Manchester somewhere along the line and moved out and therefore at least gives a direct line to why they support City.

I wouldn`t pay any attention to that Post Code thing either, it`s flawed, when it was done I was shown with an SK postcode, my bro with a CH postcode, yet we were both born ( him MRI, me Withington) and raised( Ladybarn and Wythenshawe) in Manchester so it`s really not an accurate indication, not that it really matters though.

No one really believes all city fans are from Stockport, just the same as no one really believes all United fans are from London/Singapore. It's just banter and I don't see why people get bothered by it.

Didsbury Dave said:
DirtyHarry said:
Fair play to my Mrs though, she got up ( a bit p1ssed mind) and told them to shut the f*ck up as they were an embarrassment, generally just tore them apart and then just heckled them for the rest of the match about the sh1t they were spewing, I was just p1ssing myself and left her to it.

Jesus, mate. You really should think a bit before you type. I think you'll find that that little nugget will end up on a few United message boards.

Lol she`s alright Dave, she gets hounded on the Rag boards quite often because she`ll stand up, disagree with Bacon face and not lick his arse like most do, she`s more than capable of holding her own when debating, which let`s be honest is not that difficult.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'll tell you where this came from.

About 12 or so years ago Terry Christian wrote a book about Man Utd which sold very well. He put in there something like "I don't know where this myth of the whole of Manchester supproting City comes from. In my school (STretford, byt he way) it was mainly United. There are plenty of Blues but in my experience they all come from Stockport"

This was picked up by one of the United fanzines and the myth was born.

the myth was perpetuated a few years later when stockport county's then chairman was bemoaning the difficulty they had in increasing attendances & said this was due to 95% of the people in the town supporting city.

btw adam teese is from stockport though.

I work with a rag who always comes out with '' all city fans are from stockport'' and apparently we have have tashes.

He comes from Macclesfield?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.