all i wanted was a burger

i8therags said:
fulabeer said:
Had a interesting chat today with MCFC. Won't name names as the guy was completely straight with me, no BS etc.
Don't shoot or question me on this, this is what was said.
If in doubt contact MCFC yourself.
Straight from the horses mouth --->

"City signed a ten year catering contract in 2003"
"The catering company paid a large fee upfront"
"City get a percentage of all food/drink sales"

"City agree the standards are crap"
"City agree the prices do not represent value or quality"
"City will review the catering in 2013"

Reasons...
"It is extremely hard for catering companies to attract/train quality staff for minimum/low wage who will work and be available every two weeks for 4 hours.
It is more viable for a company to charge double for food, and sell half as much. The profit margin is nearly the same/higher.
However overheads are lower due to less effort required to cook/transport/refrigerate etc.
The company has no reason to want or offer any kind of customer service/experience. Profit is king."

They have tried to improve the facilities, but ultimately it is down to the catering company how they run things. City have NO say.

Well there it is. "all i wanted was a burger" will Have to wait until 2013! LOL...
hope they learn from this.Going back to the days when Franny Lee took over,that was one of the first things he did,putting bars,food,shop into club ownership to the best of my knowlage,so 2003 was a backward step in that case.Hopefully it will get sorted before 2013.In the meantime homemade BARM butties it is ;)

Bullshit.

There's no such thing as a BARM butty.
Grammatically that's a split double dough infinitve. Muffin.

Dubai Blue said:
fulabeer said:
Had a interesting chat today with MCFC. Won't name names as the guy was completely straight with me, no BS etc.
Don't shoot or question me on this, this is what was said.
If in doubt contact MCFC yourself.
Straight from the horses mouth --->

"City signed a ten year catering contract in 2003"
"The catering company paid a large fee upfront"
"City get a percentage of all food/drink sales"

"City agree the standards are crap"
"City agree the prices do not represent value or quality"
"City will review the catering in 2013"

Reasons...
"It is extremely hard for catering companies to attract/train quality staff for minimum/low wage who will work and be available every two weeks for 4 hours.
It is more viable for a company to charge double for food, and sell half as much. The profit margin is nearly the same/higher.
However overheads are lower due to less effort required to cook/transport/refrigerate etc.
The company has no reason to want or offer any kind of customer service/experience. Profit is king."

They have tried to improve the facilities, but ultimately it is down to the catering company how they run things. City have NO say.

Well there it is. "all i wanted was a burger" will Have to wait until 2013! LOL...
Why don't the club just buy them out of their contract like they did with LCS? The catering is clearly one of the worst things associated with our club and has become a bit of an embarrassment, so why don't they sort it out ASAP?

And £3.90 for a beer is outrageous. In fact, it's Abu Dhabi prices, in East Manchester. I'm just amazed that people still actually pay that amount of money for really really poor quality beer. Stop drinking at the ground and the prices will soon tumble.

Well, the new facilities outside in City Square are club owned and not franchised, so does this mean that the prices here will be more competitive with the pubs around the stadium?
Why pay £3.90 for a pint when one can be bought at £2.50 400 yards away?

This thread is shite! If you want a burger get one, you dont have to get it from city. Same goes for beer etc. They aren't gonna miss your money that much and if your that tight fisted you could probably save a few quid over the season if you made your own! Now lets have a proper converation, is Jo cup tied?

JuniorBlue said:
Our hotdogs and burgers are cold when served and taste awful.

Beg to differ about the hotdogs mate, i would know.

The food can be cold as its stored under them hot lamps or whatever they are. The buns on the food are horrible, really hard and cold but the hotdog itself isn't that bad.

Re: all i wanted was a bloody burger

nhsuperstar said:
Lekos said:
Because you're saying that not one, but two members of staff in the catering team didn't understand the word "burger", one of 10 things they sell. They're not the best, but come on!

Perhaps you have some sort of massive speach impediment, in which case I apologise wholeheartedly.

i asked for a burger meal and seriously both of the guys were a joke. i even pointed to the board and showed them a number 3 meal. i dont think they had any prepared if i'm honest which is fine but they were totally lost as to what to do or say. i dont have any speach impediment at all and i have no reason to lie.
i also saw another guy asking for a fork and these incompetent fools just stood there clueless. in the end he asked for his money back.

He'd had to pay for a fork? Now that is worth whining about.

scottyboi Post subject: Re: all i wanted was a burgerPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:33 pm

People like you make me sick.

Seriously if your burger is so important, go to fucking McDonalds.

You are not wanted at City, you knob

That's the daftest shit I have ever read.

Are you another moaning ****, whining about burgers, smokers, beer prices. Its football you twat, not a culinery experience.

plattlane01 said:
scottyboi Post subject: Re: all i wanted was a burgerPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:33 pm

People like you make me sick.

Seriously if your burger is so important, go to fucking McDonalds.

You are not wanted at City, you knob

That's the daftest shit I have ever read.

Are you another moaning ****, whining about burgers, smokers, beer prices. Its football you twat, not a culinery experience.

Sorry but you`re incorrect there.
Its NOT a culinery experience.
Its just an experience and a fookin bad one,hence the rant from the OP.
Never mind I suppose Jamie and Co will be there in 2013 !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.