All those blue Mancs in exile...

awest said:
Those blues who have left our great city over the decades, when did you leave and where did you end up flying the blue & white flag?

Left Manchester in 1986 for Melbourne, now live in the Macedon Ranges, 40 miles north of Melbourne.
Just shown my kids a photo of me at the Sydney opera house in 1988.

Fuck!, time flies!!!

Left in 1981 for happier climes in Holland, Switzerland, France and now Thailand (I don't remember Manchester being a great place in the 70s/80s, but maybe that was just me). Happy to come back sometimes now though, everything looks much better. Planted blue flags everywhere and in the genes of my four kids and now twins on the way. Happy for all of them that they can see what is happening with City now ...... oldest is nearly 20 and has seen the worst of it all too.

my dad took us to canada in 1993, i was 10.

still have one uncle in manchester....... but he's a yid hahaha

halfcenturyup said:
Left in 1981 for happier climes in Holland, Switzerland, France and now Thailand (I don't remember Manchester being a great place in the 70s/80s, but maybe that was just me). Happy to come back sometimes now though, everything looks much better. Planted blue flags everywhere and in the genes of my four kids and now twins on the way. Happy for all of them that they can see what is happening with City now ...... oldest is nearly 20 and has seen the worst of it all too.

It wasn't.
First chance i got, i was out of there.

I left for Scotland back in 2009 due to getting a place at Edinburgh Uni studying mathematical physics.

So glad I decided to go somewhere other than Manchester. I look at all my friends who had the chance to move away from home for uni, they all assure me that "one day they will move away from home". I know most of them never will, not a single one of my friends has moved away in the last 3 years despite so many telling me they would.

Of course, that's no bad thing, it's just different strokes that's all. Some people like to go places, some like to stay put where they have family and friends already.

The longer you stay in one place, the harder it seems to be to get out and see the world. Which is why I'm glad I did it at the first opportunity. I'll come back one day when I'm old and grey, but hopefully not for a while, I plan on doing a phd abroad first if I can.

Perth, WA. Plenty of us here now which helps. Manage to get back once a season for a game or two.

Brisbane has been home now for 20 years via 2 years in LA and time living/working in Singapore, Malaysia & Hong Kong

love it here, wouldnt leave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.