All those blue Mancs in exile...

Chris in London said:
Went to Uni down here in the 80s. Work kept me down here.

Kids have all grown up with southern accents. All top blues, though.

Shouldn't be allowed in the house Chris. At home they should pronounce words such as glass, grass, castle, bus, fuss, in the proper way or they don't get any spends! :)

Spent my first 10 (and a bit!) years on Claremont Road, about 5-10 minutes walk from Maine Road. Then my next 9 in Longsight. Moved over here in late '82, but never lost the faith. But there were some times when it was hard to be a blue over here, absolutely surrounded by plastic rags. I know how Michael Caine felt in Zulu!

I tried leaving manchester a few times, moved to Bournemouth in 94 spent two years there then went over to Jersey worked a year came back for 3 months then went back to jersey worked there for 8 months moved back to manchester feb 98 met my missus and our first kid was born in jan 99. tried living Blackpool for a couple of years but hated it so came back and now live in Rag town Irlam.

Left in 2002 for Spain, moving on to Germany a year later. I try and get back for games, but it's not easy with my work situation.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Chris in London said:
Went to Uni down here in the 80s. Work kept me down here.

Kids have all grown up with southern accents. All top blues, though.

Shouldn't be allowed in the house Chris. At home they should pronounce words such as glass, grass, castle, bus, fuss, in the proper way or they don't get any spends! :)

:)

They all started out speaking properly - their mum is from the north also - but it changes when they get to school/nursery age. My eldest is now 19 (and as I type is snoring on the sofa, stinking of beer) but when he was about 4 he had his first school sports days. One of the teachers said something about going over there on the grarse. My lad says to her 'it's not grarse, it's grass'. I was very proud but I knew it wouldn't last.

We had a long and serious conversation once about whether it was right to sing "fuck off back to London" at visiting rags before - er - fucking off back to London ourselves. We decided that we had not just the right to (he was actually born in Tameside general) but the moral duty, to point out the difference between mancunians families who are taken away from home by fortune and circumstance, and glory hunting plastic fans from Essex who support the rags for the simple reason that they win things. So we sing it with gusto, and it feels very satisfying.

moved to Ireland with my family in 1975 from benchill I was 15 , been here ever since (on and off) . Now we have a Galway Branch OSC which is my other family.
4 Girls (later all blues) enjoying the success of the recent past.

Mum ( big blue) moved down to Brighton in the 60s when I was 4,been here ever since..Blimey its been hard as a City supporter down here with all the plastic rags,school was a nightmare!!

For some stupid reason and I still dont know why, my twin brother is a Leeds supporter...

samharris said:
Mum ( big blue) moved down to Brighton in the 60s when I was 4,been here ever since..Blimey its been hard as a City supporter down here with all the plastic rags,school was a nightmare!!

For some stupid reason and I still dont know why, my twin brother is a Leeds supporter...
Disown him!

SkyBlueFlux said:
I left for Scotland back in 2009 due to getting a place at Edinburgh Uni studying mathematical physics.

So glad I decided to go somewhere other than Manchester. I look at all my friends who had the chance to move away from home for uni, they all assure me that "one day they will move away from home". I know most of them never will, not a single one of my friends has moved away in the last 3 years despite so many telling me they would.

Of course, that's no bad thing, it's just different strokes that's all. Some people like to go places, some like to stay put where they have family and friends already.

The longer you stay in one place, the harder it seems to be to get out and see the world. Which is why I'm glad I did it at the first opportunity. I'll come back one day when I'm old and grey, but hopefully not for a while, I plan on doing a phd abroad first if I can.
believe me mate going to edinburgh isn't going out to see the world.You will be able to do you're phd abroad by staying put soon,hopefully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.