All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

You still haven't forgiven me have you? X

Forgiven you for what?

BTW, before we go round in circles. My comment about (the albeit real) findings about music fans was was not supposed to be taken very seriously - we are talking about humour and it's one of those things that has long amused me.

Also, for the record, I'm far more a hard / heavy rock fan than a heavy metal when it comes to that end of the rock spectrum; and I don't like Pantera.

Of course it all depends on what you count as metal.

If I'm honest, I didn't expect to see so many negative reviews about Pantera! Ha ha! Based on nothing, but I thought it would be a good example of it's genre. It is extreme, ludicrous and heavy, but I do find a few songs catchy - "Walk" in particular.

I had a few beers on Friday night and after the Mrs went to bed, I decided to listen to Pantera again to see if I was missing something. It is fast, furious, aggressive nonsense and it still appeals to me and I still enjoyed it but didn't want to listen to it more than once. It's a bit too brutal for me now :)

I went from Pantera to Slayer to Megadeth to Ice T/Slayer to Cannibal Corpse. The selection of music absolutely caved my ears in. But it was bloody good fun to feel that "obliteration" in my ears for a bit! Of course, I won't listen to these bands/songs now for another 10 years but for an hour or so I felt like I was in my late teens again hearing this absolutely outrageous music for the first time again! Sometimes, us indie kids just needed to clear out our ears and Pantera did just that before you could put Bjork back on :)

You know what, I might have to be big enough to admit a I might be wrong. It’s many years since I’ve listened to the whole album, but I’ve just quickly sampled those I remembered as being the worst offenders: Breed, Territorial Pissings and Lounge Act. Maybe it’s having listened to Pantera, but suddenly they don’t seem so shouty anymore!

Going to give it a full listen again tomorrow.
Lounge Act is closer to Abba than Pantera except for that one bit near the end :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.