Allan Clarke on the current City team.

“You lot may all be internationals, and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest f*cking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.” - Brian had their number.

Allan Clarke: “I find a lot of football nowadays quite boring, I think the money has ruined it. In my day it was a more level playing field. Look at Manchester City. They are the best team because they have spent the most money."

“But I’ll tell you this, for all those millions they have had to pay to get those players at Man City, plus all those millions they have to pay them, that great Leeds side I was part of would bury them alive.
We were better players.”

He explains: “It’s all about touch and control. In our day, we stopped the ball dead. Our team at Leeds was a league team but we were all internationals.”

Lol!

Leeds were a great side at that time, but City would beat them at least 10-0
I assume if he's finding it boring, they need to wipe the dribble off his chin and wheel his chair around in front of the tv.

There's a reason so many people despise "dirty Leeds." The team Clarke was in was the fithiest most cheating timewasting side I have ever seen. Most of that team couldn't play in modern football because they were too slow or too dirty.
That is not correct.

The Leeds team were perfectly capable of playing great football. Unfortunately, Don Revie would not allow them to do so.

His team didn't beat the teams around them at the time they were playing, they were nowhere near the best team in the generation they played in.

73/74 winners
74/75 9th
75/76 5th
76/77 10th
77/78 9th
78/79 5th

It sniffs of scouse.

Bearing in mind this was their hayday.
Good point, well made.Fuck Leeds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.