Allan Clarke on the current City team.

Allan Clarke: “I find a lot of football nowadays quite boring, I think the money has ruined it. In my day it was a more level playing field. Look at Manchester City. They are the best team because they have spent the most money."

“But I’ll tell you this, for all those millions they have had to pay to get those players at Man City, plus all those millions they have to pay them, that great Leeds side I was part of would bury them alive.
We were better players.”

He explains: “It’s all about touch and control. In our day, we stopped the ball dead. Our team at Leeds was a league team but we were all internationals.”

Lol!

Leeds were a great side at that time, but City would beat them at least 10-0
With Gary Sprake in goal, at least 15-0.

Souness is at the same shite. It’s embarrassing, and only reveals seriously low levels of intelligence.

Typical "in my day" bollocks. And English people out there still wonder why the national side has won sod all for 58 years.
100%. Unbelievable bullshit from Clarke. We've spent the most money. Nope; we're sixth in the fabled net spend table over the last five years. Also; people do tend to look back at the past through rose coloured spectacles. Let's be honest; that Brazil side in 1970 was awesome. But how would they fare against, for example, the current French side. Or the Liverpool side of the late 70s/early 80s against our Centurions side? As for "stopping the ball dead" ; it was more like stopping the opposition dead. They were a bunch of dirty cunts.

Put a 1970's ref in charge and they probably would
They'd be breaking as many City legs as possible without being booked or sentboff
That is exactly my thoughts as well.

Those dirty Leeds players were very good, and didn’t need to "play" the way they did, but there’s no chance that they would get anywhere near this City side.

Player for player, every one of ours is superior to theirs, IMHO.

Allan Clarke: “I find a lot of football nowadays quite boring, I think the money has ruined it. In my day it was a more level playing field. Look at Manchester City. They are the best team because they have spent the most money."

“But I’ll tell you this, for all those millions they have had to pay to get those players at Man City, plus all those millions they have to pay them, that great Leeds side I was part of would bury them alive.
We were better players.”

He explains: “It’s all about touch and control. In our day, we stopped the ball dead. Our team at Leeds was a league team but we were all internationals.”

Lol!

Leeds were a great side at that time, but City would beat them at least 10-0

And that is an example of what persistent heading of a heavy object can result in !

100%. Unbelievable bullshit from Clarke. We've spent the most money. Nope; we're sixth in the fabled net spend table over the last five years. Also; people do tend to look back at the past through rose coloured spectacles. Let's be honest; that Brazil side in 1970 was awesome. But how would they fare against, for example, the current French side. Or the Liverpool side of the late 70s/early 80s against our Centurions side? As for "stopping the ball dead" ; it was more like stopping the opposition dead. They were a bunch of dirty cunts.
I could stop a ball dead in the 70’s, they weighed a fucking ton and just stopped when they hit the mud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.