Allan Clarke on the current City team.

Allan Clarke: “I find a lot of football nowadays quite boring, I think the money has ruined it. In my day it was a more level playing field. Look at Manchester City. They are the best team because they have spent the most money."

“But I’ll tell you this, for all those millions they have had to pay to get those players at Man City, plus all those millions they have to pay them, that great Leeds side I was part of would bury them alive.
We were better players.”

He explains: “It’s all about touch and control. In our day, we stopped the ball dead. Our team at Leeds was a league team but we were all internationals.”

Lol!

Leeds were a great side at that time, but City would beat them at least 10-0
There's a reason so many people despise "dirty Leeds." The team Clarke was in was the fithiest most cheating timewasting side I have ever seen. Most of that team couldn't play in modern football because they were too slow or too dirty.

1 were not the biggest spenders toss pot
2 it’s not your day now so fuck off and get used to watching them best team in the land and all the world

The Leeds side of that era were brilliant and got the shit end of the stick off referees, press and pundits. However the notion they could compete let alone beat the current City side is laughable football is so much quicker and more technical these days. They couldn't compete with the current Leeds side for that matter. You can't compare teams from different eras. It could also be pointed out the great Leeds side of 69. 70 blew a treble while City won a domestic and European cup double. It must be said however that side never got the trophies or credit they deserved.

Sprake vs. Ederson - Eddie.

Reaney vs. Walker - Kyle.
Stones vs. Charlton - fucking laughable.
Dias vs. Hunter - Rúben.
Madeley vs. Aké/Gvardiol - Nathan/Joško.

Rodri vs. Bremner - even more laughable.

Kdb vs. Giles - Kevin
Foden vs. Mick jones - Walter

Silva vs. Lorimer - Bernardo
Grealish/Doku vs. Gray - Jack /Jérémy

Håland vs. Clarke - just piss funny.

I remembered that dirty Leeds team without having to look up any of them.

Last edited:
There will be sides in the future that will make even us look poor, diets, fitness, 'supplements' and coaching all get better

Allan Clarke: “I find a lot of football nowadays quite boring, I think the money has ruined it. In my day it was a more level playing field. Look at Manchester City. They are the best team because they have spent the most money."

“But I’ll tell you this, for all those millions they have had to pay to get those players at Man City, plus all those millions they have to pay them, that great Leeds side I was part of would bury them alive.
We were better players.”

He explains: “It’s all about touch and control. In our day, we stopped the ball dead. Our team at Leeds was a league team but we were all internationals.”

Lol!

Leeds were a great side at that time, but City would beat them at least 10-0
They would get motion sickness, City would run Saturns rings round the clogging cunts …!

Sadly there were lots who held that view. Bernard Halford suggested it happen at Maine Rd too with City fans. Tommy Docherty thought Utd could do it as half time entertainment.
He was Manager of the Leeds Team that had Terry Connor -their CF -the only Guy who came in our half the entire game only to lose 1-0 to a Kevin Reeves 89th minute winner. And he’s still bitter. He wasn’t saying all this in the 90’s when Leeds were splashing the Cash around under Risdale and spending literally thousands on Goldfish etc.

Football quite boring these days !? Anyone that remembers City v Leeds late 1980 when Kevin Reeves scored a cracking late winner will not forgot it being one of, if not the, most boring teams ever to play football spending the whole game passing back to their keeper. Leeds manager that day ? One Alan Clarke !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.