Allan Saint-Maximin

Saint Maximin in 2 years combined: 7 goals and 12 assists
Sterling’s poorest season in 4 years: 14 goals and 12 assists

Literally more than twice as effective.
Sterling hasn’t had to try and set up Joelington, to be fair to ASM.

Somewhat misleading statistics. He’s been injured a fair bit and plays with absolute dross. His end product does need to improve though.

Such statistics don't tell the whole story though. They are in different teams, one is the PL champions that dominates possession and creates bucket loads of chances, the other struggling to survive in the PL. Swap teams and the stats would alter dramatically.

ATM Sterling is struggling to create and frequently giving away possession while Foden and Saint Maximin are creating goal scoring opportunities from very little and troubling defences.

Sterling seems to be going through a severe dip of form, (perhaps a crisis of confidence?), since Foden has been excelling of late.

In the past Sterling has spoken of his desire to play in Spain one day, personally I would not be adverse to let him go. He's on huge wages, the second highest outfielder in the PL, (excluding on loan Bale), and he hasn't been able to secure a first team place for our biggest games recently, and quite honestly the way he's been playing he doesn't deserve to start.

He's stood out and impressed, when I have watched Newcastle but his injury record is a concern. Last season he missed 11 matches through injury, (mainly hamstring), this season he's missed 13 matches, mainly calf and groin injuries.

Newcastle are on the brink of selling French winger Allan Saint-Maximin, 26, to Saudi Arabian club Al-Ahli for about £30m.

If Newcastle are really selling for 30M should we not be interested?
Seems very cheap to me, I’ve always really liked him, possible Mahrez replacement?

Newcastle are on the brink of selling French winger Allan Saint-Maximin, 26, to Saudi Arabian club Al-Ahli for about £30m.

If Newcastle are really selling for 30M should we not be interested?
Seems very cheap to me, I’ve always really liked him, possible Mahrez replacement?
no, hes shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.