Alphonso Davies

Alphonso Davies is a left winger who was converted to LB because of the injury of two Bayern defenders.

Their manager Niko Kovac moved him there and it seems it wasn't a bad move.

I think Borges might be the next Davies if Pep tried him there.
Out of interest how many times have you seen Borges play ? What about his style of play makes you think hes a candidate to be converted as a full back ?

Tbf Davies is essentially more of a wingback for Bayern.

He has alot of attacking freedom and uses his speed and positioning to defend counters.

I could see the logic in Borges in the future being converted there in the future, they say alot of the best wingbacks were previously wingers.

And wingbacks can be deadly if they are fast, tricky, with a good cross, look at Jeremie Frimpong for example.

Out of interest how many times have you seen Borges play ? What about his style of play makes you think hes a candidate to be converted as a full back ?

I don't remember seeing full EDS games , but I see their highlights most of the time.

I believe its easier to train attacking player how to defend than train defensive players how to attack.
Borges has pace, strength,flair and has the ability to provide nice crosses

I am not saying he is ready so play there now, but I think he can be trained to fill that position.

Anyway, thats just an opinion

Exactly what I thought. How can you judge a player by not watching him?
Gotta be honest and say that I suggested the same thing about Borges about a year ago when I hadn`t seen too much of him as he was primarily playing for the U18s at the time, and had only seen very little of him. Having watched pretty much every full game of him since, I`m fairly certain Borges isn`t making it here, neither as a winger or full-back. He has that electrifying pace we seem to lack at times and knows how to whip in a cross, but in terms of ball control, overall technique and passing he`s a million miles off the first team. Nowhere near skilled enough to play in a possession-based team. I could see him going to the Bundesliga and being sold for 40m+ in the future

I don't remember seeing full EDS games , but I see their highlights most of the time.

I believe its easier to train attacking player how to defend than train defensive players how to attack.
Borges has pace, strength,flair and has the ability to provide nice crosses

I am not saying he is ready so play there now, but I think he can be trained to fill that position.

Anyway, thats just an opinion
Maybe it's best to watch players before coming up with such options, there is nothing about his game which suggests he could transform to a fullback

well his contract expires next summer (2024) so we should at least throw our hat in to the ring?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.