Alternative striker options

Without any doubt Kluivert would be an amazing signing!

Although development wise he might benefit from another year at Ajax
He is about where Sane was when we got Sane. By season's end he should be ready for the next step. I think he is a better prospect than Neves who is currently dominating the league.

We should be after Timo Werner. Haven't seen a clean young finisher like him in a long time.
Werner would be an ideal replacement for Agüero should he leave. Werner, Dybala, Firmino would be my choices to replace him. I'd also take Icardi, Dolberg or Luan.

Hopefully Sanchez joins and Agüero stays for at least the next year or 2 and there's no need.

Werner would be an ideal replacement for Agüero should he leave. Werner, Dybala, Firmino would be my choices to replace him. I'd also take Icardi, Dolberg or Luan.

Hopefully Sanchez joins and Agüero stays for at least the next year or 2 and there's no need.
So every good young striker then :)

So every good young striker then :)
Well kinda, yeah. I mean he needs to take Agüero's mantle so he's got to be good, VERY good so that goes without mentioning.
I picked those 3 in particular as I think they'd be perfect focal points of attack. Excellent interplay and ball control. The first three are ready made replacements, while Dolberg/Luan would be a gamble. Icardi is a brilliant footballer but may be a risk as he's not the perfect profile/skill set.

TBH I think there is a very small pool of top class Centre forwards (World class strikers) which would meet our criteria or any top European side that could be prised from their clubs.

Timo Werner would be of a lot of interest to many top clubs. Any indication he is available from RB Leipzig expect a high price bidding war. I also like Jean- Kevin Augustin french player who signed also for RB last summer. Augustin is a natural goal scorer and played in the same french national youth teams with Mbappe. Both are young.

I think we should go for Griezmann, at 26 still relatively young and would be a first XI starter and I don't think he would be a gamble.

To throw a curve ball in I would personally consider as a 3rd choice striker Daniel Sturridge. In the summer he will only have 1 year left on his contract with Liverpool and he is Club trained for City so will add to the squad without losing a place to another player.

If we get Sanchez not sure if Pep intends to play him centrally or wide.

If we sign Sanchez & it's true what Pep says; that Aguero can stay for several more years, imo it's going to be difficult to persuade a young striker to sign next season, unless we show clearly, that Sanchez will often play deeper.

In this case, we should also be trying to tie down deals the next Jesus, maybe more than one, from under the radar, so we can pick them up for reasonable money, when Utd bid 400 mil for Harry Kane in a couple of years.

TBH I think there is a very small pool of top class Centre forwards (World class strikers) which would meet our criteria or any top European side that could be prised from their clubs.

Timo Werner would be of a lot of interest to many top clubs. Any indication he is available from RB Leipzig expect a high price bidding war. I also like Jean- Kevin Augustin french player who signed also for RB last summer. Augustin is a natural goal scorer and played in the same french national youth teams with Mbappe. Both are young.

I think we should go for Griezmann, at 26 still relatively young and would be a first XI starter and I don't think he would be a gamble.

To throw a curve ball in I would personally consider as a 3rd choice striker Daniel Sturridge. In the summer he will only have 1 year left on his contract with Liverpool and he is Club trained for City so will add to the squad without losing a place to another player.

If we get Sanchez not sure if Pep intends to play him centrally or wide.
That is some curve ball. Not for me though

That is some curve ball. Not for me though

i.e. Sturridge*

I think you will be in the majority of fans views. But one would hope that he still believes he has something to prove and wants to win trophies and he does not fit into Liverpool's plans. Has a very good relationship with Sterling off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.