Alternative striker options

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Academica, 7 Aug 2017.

1. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

Kane would be perfect. I didn't think he could be, but he could spark to another level with our players.

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I think Spurs will insist on him being there for one season in the new ground, then somebody will offer twice or three times what he is actually worth, thus ruling us out of the equation.

3. domalino

domalino

I think Kane will insist on that.

Kane's been pretty forthright with his desire to stay at Spurs if they challenge for trophies. I can't see him packing it in before Pcohettino goes, at which point the false dawn ends, and I can't see that happening until at least 2019 because of the stadium.

IMO The most likely scenario is Pochettino goes to Real and signs Kane for stupid money to replace Ronaldo around 2020. At that point he's 27/28 and moves on to win some trophies.

4. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

They seem to be getting further away from challenging. They had a season when everyone was shite, & lost out to Leicester instead.

But I'm sure he'll give it another season, whatever. I can't imagine they won't be even further away next season though, unless they get a big boost by being in the new ground.

Still even then though, they are shit away from home.

5. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Sturridge. I simply dont rate him and I believe he thinks he is a lot better than he actually is.

6. Dax777

Dax777

Correct. He does. And he isn't.

7. kun

kun

If Arsenal play hardball and don't take the money for Alexis, could we possibly take David Villa on a short term loan a la Thierry Henry/Landon Donovan until Jesus returns from injury... or just until the beginning of the MLS season. As part of the deal they could take Lukas Nmecha for the whole season.

8. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

If Barca think that Coutinho is worth that, Real might think 'Arry is worth a bob or two more! We seem to be operating a ceiling on transfer fees, quite a high ceiling but gone are the days of chasing Crocky and paying what a club ridiculously asks for!

9. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

If we do it right we can sign the best young players before they become stupidly expensive & top players who are close to being out of contract (if we tap them up in advance) .

10. southamptonblue

southamptonblue

Fuck me that's one hell of a hangover your going to have in the morning lol