Alternative striker options

No to Mahrez. Past his best, wants to go to London, and another tosser paying too much attention to his hair.

We shouldn't be buying for the short term, leave that to the rags, Vardy is 31.

Sticking another 21 year old forward in won't help us at the moment, we need some experience to mix with it. Aguero just doesn't appear able to do the pressing anymore and we've still only got two strikers. Vardy would certainly get us through most PL & FA Cup games, allowing Aguero to rest for the CL. He could remain as one of three strikers for another couple of seasons whilst Jesus grows and Aguero is replaced.

As I said, I'd love a Kane or Mbappe, but still think we need something for this season with all the games coming.

No to Vardy. I had to double check to see if Mark Hughes was still in charge.

Last edited:
What is our boy David Villa at? Snare him over for 3 months to help out a small bit and put a smile back on David face.

I think Pep might have something up his sleeve. Wouldn't have any idea who, but I think he will pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Simon Mullock did allude to that the other week:

Sticking another 21 year old forward in won't help us at the moment, we need some experience to mix with it. Aguero just doesn't appear able to do the pressing anymore and we've still only got two strikers. Vardy would certainly get us through most PL & FA Cup games, allowing Aguero to rest for the CL. He could remain as one of three strikers for another couple of seasons whilst Jesus grows and Aguero is replaced.

As I said, I'd love a Kane or Mbappe, but still think we need something for this season with all the games coming.

Our next forward doesn't have to be 21, but if he has the ability of Sane, Sterling or Jesus I won't complain if he is. We really need to plan long-term, the way transfer fee's for top player's are at. And fair fuck's to the club, that's exactly what we've been doing, and it's not working out badly is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.