alty pubs

Remember it mate,went in once or twice,didn,t a couple of polish bars open up near to it?Not drank round there for a while,weren,t the 2 plastic gangster brothers causing problems up that end for a while,the Ks,what a pair of arseholes they were

erast fandorin said:
Remember it mate,went in once or twice,didn,t a couple of polish bars open up near to it?Not drank round there for a while,weren,t the 2 plastic gangster brothers causing problems up that end for a while,the Ks,what a pair of arseholes they were
Loco turned into a Belgian Bar and the bar near by was Jamfish at the time. Had the Mrs on the door (7 stone wet through) and never had any problems. Can't remember the K's erast, could have been after I fled.. er I mean sold up!

I have a mate who goes in the Orange Tree (on the A56 in Alty)and says its a good pub.

If you go into Hale then I would say -
1 - Railway - my personal fave, old fashioned and a bit weird, but generally full and friendly
2 - La Vina - more totty, strong spanish lager
3 - The Chehire Mid - cheap as chips
4 - American Bar, more totty but also more nobs
5 - 161 - only proper late place, fair share of money chasing whores and the odd footy player (spot the connection ...)

Let us know how you get on!

erast fandorin said:

Pair of Steroid Pricks! I remember when they used to drive round pubs selling fake designer sunglasses out of the back of the car.

I suppose they've been superseeded by an 8 stone weakling, full of cocaine, & access to a guns!

If you stick to the MArket Tavern, for the real ale, and the Orange Tree you should be ok. MOst decent pubs shut. Roebucks ok but quiet. Avoid the wethrspoons, beers ok, but its full of dickheads.
Avoid bus station/taxi ranks though, as said before.

Bloody hell.

When I left Alty in the early nineties it had a decent set of pubs..The Grapes, Unicorn, The Downs was a decent boozer. The Stonemasons in Timperley was decent..

The Navigation was good pre-match.

Pre-derby was ace in The Railway (still is actually)

WTF has happened to the place?

You can't beat the Old Market Tavern for real ale. But if you're on a budget get yourself down to the Malt Shovells and drink decent Sam Smiths OBB at £1.41 a pint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bag of chips from the Don to soak it up with. yum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.