Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

They are paying Felix a fortune, it seems to be the family/agent pushing for the move, all very strange after signing an extension last year and playing so much.

But they can’t seem to get rid of him? I would imagine them and Mendes have offered us Felix as a part exchange in the deal to be honest

Don't think anyone can afford our rumoured asking price.

I don't really think our rumoured asking price is that high by today's standards. Main problem is the that it sounds like he wants Spain but Real don't need him and Barca have other priorities. He'd be decent value if either of those teams had a vacancy. Not really sure what Athletico's issue is, they've spent more on inferior players in the past.

But they can’t seem to get rid of him? I would imagine them and Mendes have offered us Felix as a part exchange in the deal to be honest
Mendes has a lot of work to do, Nunes, Felix, Silva and he has failed on all

I'd get rid
It's ridiculous that he's wanted to go to the Olympics and even more ridiculous that we've allowed it.
Seems to me he wants out.

I'd get rid
It's ridiculous that he's wanted to go to the Olympics and even more ridiculous that we've allowed it.
Seems to me he wants out.
Even more ridiculous is he hasn't had a break since we signed him.

Even before signing, he spent the summer before coming to us playing for river plate then he comes to us in Jan, involved straight away essentially playing 1 and a half seasons back to back. He then gets next to no summer break because of the schedule changes post covid and pre-world cup extending the previous season and bringing forward the start of the next season, then he goes to the world cup. We win the treble that year and play into June, there's about a 3 week break for the entire squad, we play last season where he makes more appearances than anybody in the squad, goes to the Copa afterwards and now directly to the Olympics off the back of that.

I don't think there's anybody in world football who has played more football than Alvarez over the period he's been a city player, at times he has looked like he needed a rest too and yet he apparently wants to play more?

Even more ridiculous is he hasn't had a break since we signed him.

Even before signing, he spent the summer before coming to us playing for river plate then he comes to us in Jan, involved straight away essentially playing 1 and a half seasons back to back. He then gets next to no summer break because of the schedule changes post covid and pre-world cup extending the previous season and bringing forward the start of the next season, then he goes to the world cup. We win the treble that year and play into June, there's about a 3 week break for the entire squad, we play last season where he makes more appearances than anybody in the squad, goes to the Copa afterwards and now directly to the Olympics off the back of that.

I don't think there's anybody in world football who has played more football than Alvarez over the period he's been a city player, at times he has looked like he needed a rest too and yet he apparently wants to play more?
I don't get it mate and he had a poor 2nd half of the season too.

Truth be told, Alvarez is no better than Gabriel Jesus, other than being a more honest player.
He's a willing runner who was shoehorned into midfield to keep him happy. In reality, he's never going to 'dislodge' Haaland in a million years at City, and imo wouldn't match his scoring rate if he did.
He's not an elite midfielder and, having played an excessive number of games, he's done very little to rave about in a City shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.