Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Truth be told, Alvarez is no better than Gabriel Jesus, other than being a more honest player.
He's a willing runner who was shoehorned into midfield to keep him happy. In reality, he's never going to 'dislodge' Haaland in a million years at City, and imo wouldn't match his scoring rate if he did.
He's not an elite midfielder and, having played an excessive number of games, he's done very little to rave about in a City shirt.
I liked Jesus, but Alvarez is better by quite a bit, and will always score more than Jesus, whether with us or elsewhere. He shouldn’t be going anywhere for less than £70 mill.

I liked Jesus, but Alvarez is better by quite a bit, and will always score more than Jesus, whether with us or elsewhere. He shouldn’t be going anywhere for less than £70 mill.

You're outta your mind. If Jesus went for 50 mil.. Julian is worth 120. Younger, faster, proven goal scorer.. can even play in midfield, can take free kicks.

70m is like discounting him by 40%. Would anyone discount him for us if we were after him?

I'd get rid
It's ridiculous that he's wanted to go to the Olympics and even more ridiculous that we've allowed it.
Seems to me he wants out.
Just saw Dupont winning gold at the rugby.
Several top players in golf, tennis , basketball etc. I am currently watching Alcaraz and Nadal in the doubles.
Not sure what the exact criteria is but if Pep has allowed him to go, then so be it.
I know that Madrid refused to allow Brahim Diaz to play in the Olympics so I'm guessing we could have stopped Alvarez participating too.

You're outta your mind. If Jesus went for 50 mil.. Julian is worth 120. Younger, faster, proven goal scorer.. can even play in midfield, can take free kicks.

70m is like discounting him by 40%. Would anyone discount him for us if we were after him?
No, not yet he isn’t a £100 mill player. If Haaland extends with us then I’m not sure he can stays with us. As we won’t know that for a while thought think we need to do whatever we can to keep him this season at least.

Even more ridiculous is he hasn't had a break since we signed him.

Even before signing, he spent the summer before coming to us playing for river plate then he comes to us in Jan, involved straight away essentially playing 1 and a half seasons back to back. He then gets next to no summer break because of the schedule changes post covid and pre-world cup extending the previous season and bringing forward the start of the next season, then he goes to the world cup. We win the treble that year and play into June, there's about a 3 week break for the entire squad, we play last season where he makes more appearances than anybody in the squad, goes to the Copa afterwards and now directly to the Olympics off the back of that.

I don't think there's anybody in world football who has played more football than Alvarez over the period he's been a city player, at times he has looked like he needed a rest too and yet he apparently wants to play more?

I don’t think this is about wanting to play more. I think he wants to be the number one striker for a top European club. Yes he gets plenty of minutes for City, but he will always be the back up striker whilst Haaland is here. I think he may want the Spanish climate/culture too.

According to AFTV posted an hour ago Arsenal are linked with Alvarez. Fee is £77m. Other interested party is Chelsea.

Surely City won't sell anyone to Arsenal now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.