Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Some statement to make about a lad who's won pretty much every single trophy you can. Going to Atletico is just a new challenge.
Agreed. We can’t criticize Phillips because he doesn’t want to go a team where he’ll actually play and then criticize Alvarez because he wants to go a team and be the main man.

Stupid analogy here but I once saw something related to youth sports in the US (where I am, so different structure than most of you are familiar with), but it said “the best team for your kid is the team where they’ll play.” (Ie, forgo the big name or “fancy” program if your kid will just sit on the bench) I know Alvarez has played a lot here, but I don’t think we should fault him for wanting to play more even if it means stepping down a level. It’s the attitude we’d want in all our players.

After reading those comments (if translated correctly) he’ll be gone if an acceptable offer comes in.
Don’t think Pep will be overjoyed to hear about them too.
And we all know there will only ever be one winner there.
Time for someone to get the big cash out and off you pop.

Atletico have pulled out/been beaten by Roma for the Dobyvk deal so they are still in the market. This hinges on if they can shift Joao Felix.

We should have said no to the Olympics.
Think it will work in our favour him being at the olympics as unless he come back early there will be not enough time for us to find a replacement for him so we will shut the door unless he obviously throws his toys out of the pram.

He’s signed the contract and we have told clubs what we want to him so he can’t really moan about it.

Get shut, his head has clearly been turned, strange I like him as a player and he seemed a very decent guy, but sadly he seems to be getting strange advice and clearly has an offer on the table.

Looks like he is angling for a move?! As a club though we will let him go if he tells pep he wants to leave and all his agent has to do is bring the money to the table we want and he can go if they don't he stays! We won't be loaning him out unless it's an obligation to pay the fee we want

Get shut, his head has clearly been turned, strange I like him as a player and he seemed a very decent guy, but sadly he seems to be getting strange advice and clearly has an offer on the table.
Don’t think it's strange, from his POV it makes perfect sense to be wondering where he fits in our team, when he would be a first choice striker at almost every other club in Europe.
As long as if nobody pays the price this summer, he accepts it as Bernardo did I have no issue with him.

Don’t think it's strange, from his POV it makes perfect sense to be wondering where he fits in our team, when he would be a first choice striker at almost every other club in Europe.
As long as if nobody pays the price this summer, he accepts it as Bernardo did I have no issue with him.
It's strange when one of the best managers on the planet loves you and you get just short of the most minutes from any player at the club.

It's strange when 6 months ago you were happy to sign a contract extension on considerably increased terms as a reward for your efforts.

It was strange that after almost 3 years constant football, and a summer copa America you decided to go to the Olympics against the wishes of your club.

This is nothing about game time, this is down to money and greed and probably bad influences from the hangers on around the player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.