Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

If he goes we'll replace him with somebody equally as good. Cracking little player

Agree tbh he said nothing bad there at all. If Pep is pissed off it will be stuff going on in the background (perhaps more from his agent than him), not those quotes.
Agreed, someone needs to post this on every page so people who are shitting on him actually listen to him. He said he’s happy! And he says it’s “more what people say online than anything I feel.” There is nothing controversial here. Some of our very favorite players have said the very same thing when they’ve been left out of big games.

I knew that he [Álvarez] said that he is going to think about it," Guardiola said.

When he finishes thinking about it, his agent is going to call [City football director] Txiki [Begiristain] and we are going to see what happens. I know he wants to play in important moments but the others [do] too. I have 18 or 19 players that want to play important games.

"He played a lot but if he wants more, it's fine. When he thinks about it he'll inform us."

Maybe it’s only me but he sounds bit annoyed with the Alvarez quotes. He didn’t exactly perform at a high level for most of last season. If anything he had too many games. He wasn’t producing so was not starting the big matches.

Anything over £80 would be great.
Exactly, his form fell off a cliff end of season. Usually reliable shooting was awful.

I rate Alvarez really highly and he gives his all whenever he plays. But he's played a hell of a lot of football and like Jesus probably wants to play a starring role rather than being second fiddle. He only played so much last season because of the injuries we had really. And with the emergence of someone like Bobb and the addition of Savio you wonder if there's a need for Alvarez in any case. I'd love him to stay, I love his hunger and workrate and he's undoubtedly an excellent player. But equally I don't think he's irreplaceable if he does go.

Atleti do have a habit in splashing the cash when necessary. I don't see him staying in the Premier League this time around so no moves to Chelsea or Arsenal.

Well he's currently on Eurosport 5 now along with Otamendi playing against Ukraine if you lot want to catch him whilst he's still a City player!

Exactly, his form fell off a cliff end of season. Usually reliable shooting was awful.

I don't think a striker can be sharp and 2nd choice. And he's not going to displace Haaland, so he's no likely to be at his best. Look at Dzeko, Negredo, Jesus...as soon as they realise they're not going to be in the XI more often than not, confidence dips, the pressure when they do start goes up and they snatch at chances etc, that makes the confidence worse, pressure goes up again...

I wouldn't mind selling him as long as it's the right money and we get a replacement who is good enough to step in if Haaland is injured for 3/4 months. If he stays I suspect we'll be having the same conversations next year but the price will be 25% lower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.