Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Why would we sell to a rival? Unless we have an even better replacement lined up it would be stupid, and weaken us while strengthening them. We’d only have Haaland as a striker and he can’t play 60-odd games.

How would Alvarez going to Arsenal help him weather wise?
Sky double down on Christmas Eve with 2nd game to join Arsenal v Liverpool

Jesus trebled his wages when he went there.

Why would we sell to a rival? Unless we have an even better replacement lined up it would be stupid, and weaken us while strengthening them. We’d only have Haaland as a striker and he can’t play 60-odd games.

If Arsenal offered £10 m more than Athletico , I'm guessing there is every chance we would sell to them.
I would prefer not to sell to a rival premier league team bit that may not be the view of the City transfer group.
Off my head, only Palmer and Douglas Luiz have been better than I would have expected.
Players can end up with top Premier league from us indirectly too.
Porro and Sancho were ours not so long ago.
Chelsea have 3 ex players of ours so if they came looking for Couto or Kabore I think we could possibly deal with them.
Alvarez is possibly a little different in that he may strengthen a team but there is every chance he could end up like Sterling, Zinchenko and Jesus too.
Hopefully we don't sell Alvarez but if he indicates he wants out, he could end up anywhere

If Arsenal offered £10 m more than Athletico , I'm guessing there is every chance we would sell to them.
I would prefer not to sell to a rival premier league team bit that may not be the view of the City transfer group.
Off my head, only Palmer and Douglas Luiz have been better than I would have expected.
Players can end up with top Premier league from us indirectly too.
Porro and Sancho were ours not so long ago.
Chelsea have 3 ex players of ours so if they came looking for Couto or Kabore I think we could possibly deal with them.
Alvarez is possibly a little different in that he may strengthen a team but there is every chance he could end up like Sterling, Zinchenko and Jesus too.
Hopefully we don't sell Alvarez but if he indicates he wants out, he could end up anywhere
We wont strengthen Arsenal since they are currently our main title rival. Would be beyond stupid and City are certainly not stupid. Chelsea perhaps, since they offer no major threat to our chances of winning the league short term.

Last edited:
In these cases, is more like the player wants to leave, because he feels he deserves more.
I'm not suggesting City would deny him any chance of leaving if he would want that. I'm saying that we would deny him the chance to join our main rival for the title.

I'm not suggesting City would deny him any chance of leaving if he would want that. I'm saying that we would deny him the chance to join our main rival for the title.
I'd hope so but Alvarez will want to go to a top club. Not sure how we can stop him going to a liverpool or an arsenal if they come up with the asking price.

He wants to go to Atlético.

For me is crazy. I prefere playing 100 minutes in City than playing 1.000 minutes in Atlético. But most of argentines players are like this. They want to be surrounded by Argentines and Uruguayans. They put cultural comfort before their professional career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.