Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

It's really good money for someone that is not that necessary (false 9 works great with the players we have). The only doubt that I have is if Haaland eventually goes in the next couple seasons, Julian would have been a great replacement.

I feel like Pep and Txiki bought Julian because they expected Haaland to stay 3 seasons, but they didn't expect Julian to become a great player that fast. It's a shame, but I don't think he has a big impact on this season. I really hope we use that money to get a 6/8 or even a RB/CB.
I think there is another factor in this as well, as you say we maybe thought we would keep Haaland for 3 years before he moved on. If so I'm sure Alvarez is also aware of this, maybe Haaland has said he is happy to extend for another 3 years with us.

Would seem a valid reason why he is worried about game time.

shameless greedy cheats, 50 players ain't enough for them, they need 4 players for each position

Fine with selling Alvarez for north of £70m.

He's always going to be backup for us and Mcatee, Bobb and O'Reilly showed enough promise in pre-season that they might be able to contribute in attacking areas.

Felix coming this way might be a bonus but we'll see if Pep wants him, depends on his wages too, probably astronomic which is why they want to give him to us.

Hope the lad has a hidden nasty streak somewhere inside (doesn't seem too) him.
Really...?

Of anything to criticize Julian for, not having a nasty streak/fighting for everything is the last thing I'd slate him for. I want him to stay, but he's exactly the kind of player I would think of that embodies a 'Simeone player.'

Fabulous deal if we pull this off.

I know there's alot on here not wanting Felix, I'd love to see Felix at City under Pep.
I dont have a particularly high opinion about Felix, I think his reputation is hugely inflated just because Atletico paid a huge fee for him half a decade ago. But it's hard to argue it would be much downside in a loan with a buy option.

Atletico were nice enough to sell us Rodri, the best player on the planet. So we can give them a nice return. I hope to see Julian score many goals against Real and Barca.

They were moany cunts about it though, and refused to check their bank balance when the release clause was paid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.