Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

But no space in the squad. Which is why selling Alvarez and getting Felix in for Pep to practice magic on, makes perfect sense.
Why do people perpetuate this full squad nonsense? We have 15/17 slots taken. There’s zero chance that Phillips or Cancelo will be at the club come the end of the window.

We haven’t given Atleti any money. I think we had a bid of £20 something million rejected and we haven’t gone back in yet. They were demanding 70m or something crazy like that. The reports say we’re still interested but who knows if we’ll meet their asking price. My guess is not.

The 7 players you’re referring to is actually 5 players with 2 of them being for the academy or loan (Kellyman) Strasbourg (Wiley). Guiu is just a cheap 5m punt for the future.
Thank you sir - always respect your views on here

Why do people perpetuate this full squad nonsense? We have 15/17 slots taken. There’s zero chance that Phillips or Cancelo will be at the club come the end of the window.

Nonsense? Why don't you go look up how squads work first of all. The 17 is not relevant, it is the 21 limit that matters for a start.

And I have said on many occasions, once kalvin and cancelo leave, we may see things happen.

Do you think the writing was on the wall when Pep was first asked about Alvarez comments?

Pep was well pissed off you could tell by the tone of his voice and his attitude.

We definitely need a replacement.

Yeah
In that interview, Pep looked pissed off as he had only just heard about Alvarez wanting a move, Pep did say he's still a City and wants him to say and fight for a place, But he didn't fancy the fight and wanted a first-team place guaranteed and somebody daft enough agreed,

NO football club or their Manager should guarantee any player a starting place, Unrest in the dressing will happen within weeks,

That is why it works at CIty with Pep, No player is nailed on starting every game, You have to train 100%, You need to lead a healthy lifestyle under orders from Pep, Fitness is key and every week you have to be 100% and ready

Nonsense? Why don't you go look up how squads work first of all. The 17 is not relevant, it is the 21 limit that matters for a start.

And I have said on many occasions, once kalvin and cancelo leave, we may see things happen.
You’re the one that said no space in the squad, which is patently nonsense.

I think you’ll find this is the current situation, before Alvarez departs.

1722888356293.png

Yeah
In that interview, Pep looked pissed off as he had only just heard about Alvarez wanting a move, Pep did say he's still a City and wants him to say and fight for a place, But he didn't fancy the fight and wanted a first-team place guaranteed and somebody daft enough agreed,

NO football club or their Manager should guarantee any player a starting place, Unrest in the dressing will happen within weeks,

That is why it works at CIty with Pep, No player is nailed on starting every game, You have to train 100%, You need to lead a healthy lifestyle under orders from Pep, Fitness is key and every week you have to be 100% and ready
Agreed.

I think the most important thing is the relationship Pep has with his players, He has always said from day one if any player wants a move they are free to go obviously depending on the club receiving the money they want for the player, I'm sure he wanted Alvarez to speak l with him first before speaking in public, That's the straw that broke the camals back with Alvarez having that interview behind Peps back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.