Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

we have him already, bobb steps up let's not stifle his progress for no reason.

the money needs to go on a back up for rodri and box to box gundo type
The ideal scenario for me would be Oscar Bobb being a regular starter out wide right and dropping Bernie back alongside Rodri.

Alvarez has played more minutes than any other City player last season so I think it's important we bring in a replacement, Not a striker, I'd like to see a versatile attacking player.

I agree with Rodri though, We need a back up for Rodri although that will be tough to get a top Rodri type player to play second fiddle, Unless we bring someone like Bruno G and go with a double pivot when Rodri is being rested.

Interesting few weeks ahead.

fucking hell. how do we keep doing this. Palmer might have turned out to be world class but another squad player now gone for a ridiculous fee. He’s a tidy little 6 yard box poacher but in general play i think most of us agreed he wasn't suited to being in citys build up.

probably more effective as a no9 in a front 2 but thats not en vogue

we have him already, bobb steps up let's not stifle his progress for no reason.

the money needs to go on a back up for rodri and box to box gundo type

It needs to go on a replacement for Álvarez. Premier league fine we can cope. Champions league is a different scenario.

You need individual quality all the way through to win that. Madrid have Vini, Rodrygo and now Mbappe. It’s why they win that trophy individual world class talent in attack

We have goal scoring wise a player that can strike fear and score in Haaland and Foden , Kev if fit in attack. Alvarez came up with some goals in that competition when needed, even some big goals against Leipzig.

You need to replace that.

Athletico are mad
He is no way worth that fee.
Add to that Connor Gallagher, who is absolutely wank
They make him the main man up front I think he proves his worth to them. Gallagher could also fit very well in an AM team. They've both got the work ethic required for sure.

Unreal amount to be getting for him. After his performances last season and his dummy spitting this pre season I'd have been happy with 50m! Jeez his corners were utter shite too and had passing ability of a newt
I'm not sure there's many on here who would concur with your assessment frankly. What I would say though is that this is far from a done deal and that much of what we're reading about Atletico's interest and the valuation may well be based on nothing more than lazy media speculation; so common at this time of the year. Regardless, if Alvarez genuinely wants out, it's vital we get this deal over the line double quick and a world class replacement is secured before the window closes. As the clock runs down, selling clubs will exploit the merest hint of desperation to pull our pants down by demanding silly money. Alternatively, we'll have to cope (until January at the earliest) an experienced striker short; a scenario that leaves me seriously concerned in the event Haaland gets injured.

Last edited:
They make him the main man up front I think he proves his worth to them. Gallagher could also fit very well in an AM team. They've both got the work ethic required for sure.
Work ethic yes
Technical levels are miles off

Can't really turn down £81m for a player who will never be first choice in his best position and who was signed for £14m.

I have to admit, this isn't being wise after the event, but I was never a fan of his. Could never see what he brought to the team when played in midfield, the no. 10 role or the wing.
He was a very good back up striker though.

We've lost more important players and been ok

He's already there, Bobb will get at least some of his minutes this season with McAtee claiming some of them also.
Bobb needs to start regularly he's a sensational player, Jury is still out on McAtee for me.

I don't see Bobb as a direct replacement for Alvarez, I think we will see a versatile attacking player being brought in.

I'd love to see Bernie in a deeper role alongside Rodri it would be ideal for him with Oscar Bobb in a wide area.

Then again, They'll all get minutes in different positions because we have a squad full of versatility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.