Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Excellent price in noticeably deflated market and absolutely no sense from the footballing point of view. Letting go of all those players in the last few seasons is going to be sustainable until it is not. We re selling our second best scorer of the last two season, a swiss knife when it comes to his versatility and someone unmatched in his energy and will to run and press. I would say an improvement on Jesus, the player he replaced. I Just do not see anybody around who is going to be replacement, unless Pep is moving to develop City 4.0 or is 5.0 version.

According to transfermarkt his current value is €90m ie £77.2m

That "€81m" is with the add ons that may never come Balon d'Or, CL etc?

Up front fee is apparently €75m ie £64.3m

Personally I would have wanted absolute min £70m up front or no deal! (and dispensed with add ons which may never happen)
Who knows what the add-ons really are? If I had to guess I would say they will be far more realistic - maybe 100 appearances , 50 goals etc.

I'm not going to celebrate business for business' sake.

£80m would be a sensational fee. But if it's not going back into the team then what am I celebrating?
Why celebrate anything just sit back and relax enjoy last seasons league win again knowing the club is is very well run and we have nothing to worry about. Worry about next season when we are in it. Some are so worried about transfers and next season from the minute the season finished they have had no celebration of last seasons success.

any sell on fee ? we should fucking put in 20% at least, because if things go well for him can see he bought out for 100m or above.

Because that's what the club do.

We have a habit of letting players leave too late to replace then scramble for a replacement in January.
So far from the truth. How many January signings have we made? Bet you could count on 1 hand

Decent money for a backup striker.
Not the end of the world and will hopefully create space for Bobb to get more minutes or possibly McAtee

That said, I wonder if we’ll try and sign a replacement

Looking at many of the comments in this thread, there is a sense that we should be keeping a player that obviously wants to leave to get more game time. For us he will not get that game time, as such he will not be happy. Pep has won league title after league title by keeping a tight group of happy players, when someone either doesn't fit the mould, or wants out, they invariably are gotten rid of in a respectable manner. I would like Julian to stay, however, given the circumstances, it's best he moves on, we continue with our proven method of success and he hopefully does well in Spain.

Genuinly so pleased that we won't see him in midfield this season.

Good servant, decent player, good guy and a good understudy for Haaland. But not someone we will miss too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.